Zero

"Persphone Loras... A zero."

She chuckled to herself.

"What the hell did you do to get a zero?" Haymitch asked, actually proud since it was unheard of to get a zero on the rankings.

"It seems that they didn't enjoy my slam poetry."

"Seriously?"

"No I just read them their obituaries and how the bury their fake pretty because they are all ugly on the inside."

"That's worse then I did." Katniss had stopped being that huffy with her after dropping the subject but she was not happy.

Honestly Percy should have thought of something else as this will come with an amount of shame and trouble she'll need to deal with when she lives and she'll need to deal with Hades. (They don't know mythology in Panem but I sure do~) That will be troublesome. He might be the one reason she actually needs to die in the games and accept her failure of being like Artemis.

But she had ran out of time and this was the most shocking statement she could come up with.

Tho what shocked herself is to admit to Katniss' face that she had her body going on for her even if her personality was shit. She just outright confirmed what even she didn't knew about... Aka that Katniss could look good in her eyes too... (This is no love triangle, this a fucking love corner, a 3D love war.)

Like, no offense but, ew.

But then again, Hades... She'll stay with her fake girlfriend thank you very much.

"You shot an arrow at them and you got an eleven, I still can't get over that." Percy smiled. "I am rubbing down on you, you are becoming a bastard." She poked her cheek in before Katniss ended up putting her hand up and now both their palms were pushing against each other, Percy trying to poke her and Katniss fighting back.

"Don't touch me."

"That's my phrase."

"You are making me say it."

"It is trademarked."

"It's not."

"It is now."

"Stop it!" 

"I am not touching you."

"Yes you are."

"I'm not."

"You are touching me!"

"Nope."

"Haymitch!!" Katniss called like a child, making everyone, even the over stressed Effie, laugh.

------------------------------------------

Katniss had an absolute field day trying to figure out just where the peacechild was on the hate-like scale because she was just so confusion.

In the district all the interactions they had ended with Katniss worse off then before with either new surface injuries or her name added into the bowl once again, this girl alone was the cause of 25 of her name being in the bowl and she had laughed at her dismay with glee.

She still remembers the pain she caused her and those she cared for, how Peeta was forced to beg for her safety when he was the one hurt, how Gale got a broken nose from her, how she herself got that scare and a part of her was still shaking in learnt fear when she was close.

But.

Just her promising to protect her sister was a huge break in the ice she had enclosed the girl's image in, letting it shift ever so slightly.

Like now, she was teasing her and playing around like they'd always been friends, she was the one that came up to her with an alliance when she thought she'd be alone in the arena, it was her that was the bark and the bite against the careers bullying her out of training space.

And then she blurred out such stupidity that she loved her when both knew it was bull and such a lie even if the Capitol liked before turning abrasive and prideful again.

Percy was swinging between two moods and it was so confusing.

The one Katniss got to know, the girl that loves to inflict violence and takes pleasure in having people cower at her feet and tormenting Katniss.

And then the one she got to know outside the confines of the district walls, the teasing harsh but calm girl willing to talk with her without any bad blood Katniss herself felt in her heart.

It was like these were two completely different people with only a few things proving to her that Percy was one person.

She really didn't know how to feel about her.

Anyway, in the arena, she was looking out for herself, not her.

She cannot trust her, having seen her talk with Cato and him offer her an alliance she hesitated to refuse... She is sure she'll betray her but she'll do it first.

She needs to get home to Prim's side.