Flour

Percy was haunted by the absence of Hades.

Still unable to wrap her hands around it.

But it made sense; out of everyone, she'd be the one to know just how easy it is to die... But still... Hades, a cloud that had loomed so consistently over her head, it felt weird to sense the sun now.

But honestly this was not the biggest of her current worries, surprisingly.

"Guys please stop."

Peeta would have sweat dropped if this was an anime.

He had asked Percy for some help as she was walking by when the huge delivery of flour arrived, dumbed down in front of the store. He never expected the others to show up. He almost smiled at Katniss but oh ho, Gale.

"This is not what I wanted." He thought, Katniss a hand on her chin as he felt like ripping his hair out, both watching Percy and Gale argue about how to most effectively carry the most amount of flour bags... He only asked one person to help why is this devolving in this mess.

"You think they can go on for how long?" Katniss asked suddenly.

"Percy is herself and Gale is a hardhead, they'll be at it for a while, you caused this." Since Katniss for some reason was with Gale, Peeta blaming her for this. "So help me carry this stuff."

"Oh come on."

"Now lady or I tell you mother."

"You are not fun."

"Fun is for those working."

(You'll be happy and mad at the same time because I am making Gale a Chad... Which means he is mean on purpose before faking being nice and a manipulative bastard with literally no redeeming quality... Yeah I know, nothing happy about it but listen here... I'll make his get caught at the end like he does in the movies, but he won't make it out, that's all I'll say. I am telling you now so you forgive this from me.)

Gale almost smiled when that brat Peeta and Katniss walked from earshot.

"Okay time to drop it, stay away from her." He finally flipped to what he really wanted to tell her instead of irritating her about the flour. "You don't deserve anything from her so stop doing what you are."

"Oh so that's why you get so pissy at me." She actually smiled back. "What? You are scared I have a bigger dick then you? You know people can be born with mix matched bodies?" She liked his growing anger.

"You dirty peacechild should not be around us! It is truly a shame she brought you back."

"Trust me, you are not the only one thinking so so get in line Gale. She wants me around so I'll stick around." Stepping in his personal bubble. "She likes sleeping with me after all."

He didn't need context she decided, that shade of scarlet beautiful on his face.

"You really are just like him."

"Oh no Gale, that's too far." She warned with an angered and crooked smile mostly because she was forcing it to not drop off her face. "You don't get to insult him."

"Like always, the victim begging the abuser to stay. When will you learn just how sick that was?"

A short swing smacked his head to the side, feeling the knuckles still in his cheek despite them being long gone.

"You have no idea what you are talking about you... You dog faced mutt!"

"What? I am correct! How old were you when he first to--" The first punch was meant at a warning but this second one was straight into his face.

"KEEP HIM OUT OF YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!!" Pulling that punch back while throwing up another uppercut, making him bite his tongue.

But before she could do more, Peeta had ran from the shop and jumped the little railing of the shop, grabbing her lifted arm against his body.

"What the hell was that?!" Katniss was surprised.

"You tell me? That maniac punched me over flour!" Gale accused, holding his bleeding nose.

"How dare you?! Don't lie you bastard!!" Pressing against Peeta's hands as they were holding her back from jumping at Gale and eviscerating him.

"Percy."

She frowned, this is so stupid, she was looking at her in disbelief... She knew this manipulator bastard longer then she did her... and what she knew was Percy was prone to violence... Everything was stacked against her.

And so, she didn't even try to defended herself against whatever accusations that might have come, shoving back from Peeta with a scoff.

"Go listen to mister crybaby for all I care." She was too pissed for this anyway, needing to get away.

"Per--" "Peeta, let go." She slapped his arm away. "Just make sure mister doesn't cause more trouble.

He let her walk off before looking at Gale who's face was held by Katniss as she checked the wound.

A small frown etched on the blond's (right?) face as he watched the display. Gale always rubbed him the wrong way, and not only with jealousy, and now he liked him even less.

He wanted to go after Percy but... Looking back at the bags of flour and then the duo.

With a huff, he took off the apron and threw it on the bag.

"You two finish putting away."

"Where are you going?" Katniss asked him.

"Doing your job."