Water

The start canon was shot, and tributes splashed into the water.

Well...

Percy gulped, looking at the deep blue, crouching down, stepping down the side of her platform onto the lip below and sat on it.

Looking towards the black stone walkway, hoping she could jump to it or at least close to it, even if she can't swim she could walk and kick of the bottom if near enough to grab and pull herself up.

But it seemed the arena had other plans for her, yanked down into the water.

Coughing on the salty water as she gasped for air, grabbing back at the platform while a punch came her way.

With a frown, she swung her elbow back, hitting the guy across the face.

But with the water, the surface was slippery and he was strong, with a grab and push of the platforms side, he yanked her away from it.

Twisting her body to grab on his shoulder, driving her fist into his face.

With a shove, trying to free himself but she had gripped his wetsuit hard, depending on him keeping them both afloat.

A hand on his face, trying to claw into it but his punch back was strong, tearing her hands away.

She kicked off him, sending her back towards the platform, kicking her legs to not sink, oddly enough it wasn't as hard as normally but she couldn't care (If I remember correctly in the books there is like little float aide built in a part of the suit as I remember seeing Peeta and Mags couldn't swim in the books and yet Mags got the to walk paths.) about that currently, wildly grabbing towards the metal while half swallowing cups of the salt water.

Grabbing a little tube on the side, pulling herself up a bit, catching her breath.

Looking around, it would be great for Katniss and her bow at this moment but she only saw the little old lady looking at her in worry, Mags.

If she saw it right, Finnick wore Haymitch's bracelet but that was right before the canon went off, maybe she could try asking for his help if she called for hi-- Splashed.

She was grabbed by the hair and whip lashed almost as she was yanked down in the water and pushed under.

The water stinging her eyes as she grabbed the hand holding her neck and shoved her back against the platform, using his grip on it to keep them both under.

Why do people want to drown her in arenas?!

Driving a less powerful into his ribs, causing only a few bubbles of pain.

Scratching at his hand.

Pushing her legs up and driving the fake one under his chin to shove herself out of his hold, leaving scratches on her skin, tho she was once again in deeper waters.

Looking around in panic as he pushed towards her, actually hitting her against the bottom, it was not that deep actually, just sharp black stone so it seemed deeper.

Sharp!

She used her normal leg to push him up as much as she could while feeling around, finding a small stone she could dislodge, driving it in his face as she gritted her teeth, lungs screaming in pain.

Having caught his eye, it caused him to grab at it with a stream of bubbled scream, this time grabbing him before he could push off and so he couldn't surface in one jump like he wanted, driving the stone into the back of his mouth before ramming her knee up into it as strong as she could.

She pushed him away, only getting a twitch but nothing more before her body gasped for air, kicking her mind into action, grabbing at the surface.

Coughing as she surfaced, blinded by the salt and light, disoriented and kicking to stay floating.

"Ah!" Hitting to the left when someone tried to grab her.

"Hey hey! Calm down there! It's Finnick, we are allies!" He said, hoping she'd believe him since he only told Katniss about it.

Grabbing her arm.

"Just hold on." Pulling her to  the stone path as she blinked the blur away. "No, no time for reunion we need to go." He said before Percy could even say hi to Katniss who looked so relieved. 

-------------------------------------

Running up hill in the forest and the heat was tiring, and hearing the canon shots, damn.

Finally they stopped and Percy sat down... If she had two nickles each time someone tried to drown her... She'd have more nickle then she should.

Katniss had grabbed her two short swords from the cornucopia, grinning as she tied the belt with the sheaths around her waste and put them both on the same side.

"Thanks." 

"That's the least I could do."

She looked towards the middle.

"Seems like we are not holding hands anymore." Finnick said.

"How can you say that?" Katniss said.

"Each cannon is music to my ears. That's one less person to deal with."

"Little hunter, not now." Percy said, not wanting a fight.

"Right, it will hurt the baby." Finnick mocked.

"I'm not the pregnant one." Katniss snapped quickly, making Finnick just look at Percy and Percy look at Katniss in betrayal.

"So it's you then?!"

THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO GO LIKE THIS!!