74th

(You who gave me the name Artemis... You will despise me for what I did with it.)

The grab on her arm to inject the tracker itched... Not because of the huge needle but before she was grabbed... She hates being touched.

"All because of..." Sighing, don't talk out loud, idiot.

She rolled her arms and stretched.

She had been told to put on a green T-shirt and a black jacket that had a hood, brown pants with belts tucked into brown boots. The only thing was the white logo on her jacket and the darker green version on the T-shirt

 The only thing was the white logo on her jacket and the darker green version on the T-shirt

(Like this drawing someone did about their attire in the first game)

She made sure her pony tail would hold.

Shaking out her hands.

They could have tokens sure but no one would give her any token anyway.

But looking down at her left hand, the simple ring around her index finger... Bringing that hand up to look at it, it was black metal and just a simple band. She closed her hand and brought the back of her fingers to her mouth with a quiet sigh.

She'll take this with her, she can't bare it being someone else's if she were to fall for some reason and she hasn't parted with it since then and will not even now despite her parents distaste for it.

A scoff, bringing her hand down, of course they hate it, it is from Artemis, they hate anything to have to do with Artemis, wanting that name itself to be erased from history. Since that day no candidate was ever named that to avoid the shame the name brings and those that had the name had changed it at the mayor's office.

But not Percy, she wouldn't let the memory drown under hate and the past, Artemis, most loved and hated of her life... There is no way they are taking that from her. This, Artemis, was the most vile person she has ever met and yet she can't let go of the good, hanging off it despite her sorrow at her own feelings... And she'll keep hanging on it.

And so that's what she registered as her token, it was checked but since it was not a weapon like Glimmers poison spiked ring, they let her keep it.

She was sitting next to Katniss in the hovercraft since they'd always be separated by district.

Those the way there was really quiet as everyone silent, in their own minds, preparing for this.

Percy was telling herself that it was something she did at home, she trained to fight and beat someone, she now just needed to follow through with her movement and end the stab instead of standing down as the referee said she won the match. She could get violent, she could do this.

She just needed to kill all those in her way.

----------------------------------------------

Being of the risen podium was something.

It felt completely different, more imposing, than on TV.

The cornucopia was in the middle of a clearing and all around them was dense forests with bushes, a place she could somewhat maybe get around better then some other tributes.

A large horn sounded, shaking the leaves, as 60 appeared over the cornucopia and started counting down.

Looking around she was in quite a bad spot, sandwiched between a candidate and a career.

"Shit." She saw Katniss eyeing the body near the middle strongly, you'll die if you go for that right away.

Katniss feelings eyes on her, Percy shaking her head at her when their eyes crossed.

Her hands were tingling, she just needs to grab something cutting, just a blade, that's all she needs.

The horn was now sounding more like an alarm beeping when it reached ten.

She looked ahead, taking a deep breath.