Wound

(I should have named her Einar, I just learnt that name mean 'one who fights alone' in old norse and Percy is truly alone, or almost)

"Oh jeez come on."

"And why would I do that? I am fine as I am."

"Are you?"

This had momentarily been their fight, Katniss having shot them a bird and Percy had barely gotten an appetite, saying absentmindedly how it kept getting worse, tapping her foot gently on the ground... That's what started this.

"My mother taught me, I can help." She just wanted to look at the damned injury but Percy was once again not being her violent self and just the bitchy self... Which was currently not welcome.

"No touching!" She put her foot up on her chest and pushed her back, hurting herself more with moving, groaning softly.

"It is not normal that it keeps getting worse as you said, do you want to die of an infection?!" If that's what's happening. "You are insufferable when you are like this. You want me to let you die? Because this is how I let you die."

"Sheesh, did she eat a career for breakfast to have such a bite?" Percy thought. "Feisty there little hunter. Calm your tits, fine just stop screaming or I'll die because of it."

"Calm yo-- CALM YOUR TITS?!!"

------------------------------------

Katniss felt like she was going quite insane because of one annoying person.

She was now looking around the shrubbery, pushing it aside with her bow.

Neither of them was about to undress Percy on national TV so they had just sided the pant leg above her knee after another fight about that but Percy was soon shut up as Katniss had been correct.

Just what the hell did she catch from that wound?

She had tumbled, gotten it in the dirt and who knows where Clove put that knife before she threw it at her? Because this was not a normal wound anymore... Not even a normal infection.

The wound was not bleeding anymore but Percy had gagged at how a jello-like slimy brackish thing contented her leg with the pant leg that was pulled off, the area of the wound was puffed up but not red, like blood-less pale even inside the wound that now looked like a oval with edges that had been munched on, as paleness turned to normal, the veins around it were bright red and thick with blood, or that's what she hoped, forming bumps... There is nothing natural about it, some man made arena disease... Now she really worried for her side.

The only positive she found about Percy bleeding at each little pull on that wound was that even without seeing it it seemed more normal than the one on her leg  as nothing came from it despite how it looked, not even the thingy liquid one washed off, nothing like it should normally, the abdomen was bleeding so maybe it would be a normal wound.

She couldn't really heal such a wound, not even plants like she had hoped, to at least like use silver foil's leaves to fight the infection but she is sure that despite having fist fulls of them now, they wouldn't help.

She still carried them back.

And the Haymitch supplied healing salve could not be used since it would heal what it touched yes but would not get this arena infection out of the rest of the leg.

"Here." She was just asking her to hold it for her. 

"This is a bouquet of weeds."

"Percy just fucking grab them." She did. "What did you think? That you needed to eat it?.. Just hold them."