Victory Tour

"That was... Metal."

Percy punched Peeta in the shoulder, laughing. It had been a shoulder wound so she had been quickly fixed up.

"I can tell you it was great. I've bitten my tongue for far too long. Maybe now they--she'll learn to stay away." Maybe not. These people never tend to learn anything.

And by now she thought she'd regret her actions, having cooled off and getting away from the situation but she didn't, she just proved to herself that neither of her parents mattered to her, no guilt, no regret.

All she regretted might by what she blurted out, the adults knew of her brother but few were those her age and younger that knew anything and she quite openly yelled about him at the top of her lungs.

She even surprised herself with how much she had to say.

One thing she did like about this was Gale lost a tactic to try to manipulate her. He didn't try it but after fighting with him she knew he'd think of telling on her, well Katniss knows and Peeta got a run down version, who else could he tell to try to hurt her? Miss Everdeen knew of her since she is of the adults that would have seen it and Gale is not stupid enough to tell Prim because Katniss would realize how much of a dick he is.

And Percy knew he knew that she knew.

"I bet, I was almost sorry for them." Peeta went on. "But it now makes sense why you screamed at my mother too."

"That bitch reminded me of someone."

------------------------------------------

But life went on.

And the victory tour was ago.

Katniss seemed to stress about something, having had a talk with someone but not telling Percy who. 

Percy sighed, boots kicked up on the train's dinning table as she pushed back to lean, there was specks of white on her black pants caused by the powdered pastries she was munching on, wearing a T-shirt under a brown leather jacket which she once against forced to put the X on the Capitol's logo as they still would get here clothes of the peacekeepers.

Partially reading the little note Haymitch had distributed to them, this is bullshit. Happy to be your victor? Yada yada yada... Bitch ass propaganda.

She twirled her own blond hair as she still read it before throwing it over her shoulders, feeling the train slow.

District 11... The reason why Katniss survived her trackerjacker stings and the reason she didn't die at the feast... Percy owes them a lot.

"Come on little hunter." She leaned forward and took her legs off the tables. "Time to get this show started."

"Right."

District 11 had a bigger portion of darker skinned people, Percy had never seen so many, the Capitol separating them so much even this was surprising and made her feel sick to be surprised by this.

What was worse was the two elevated platforms with huge screens behind them with the faces of the tributes displayed on them and the families standing on them.

The male was the candidate so it didn't surprise her that the two parents were stoic and stone faced.

But the little girl's platform had four even younger children and a single mother trying to hold it together as she was put on display for all to see, to look at how she lost her child.

The assembly was way to quiet for such a number.

Percy grabbed the mic stand and lifted it up instead of leaning down the little distance to speak correctly into it. It didn't seem like Katniss would speak first.

"I never met either of your tributes." She simply said, hand in her pocket.  "I never trained with them, talked to them or even looked their way... But I owe them, we've discussed this, we'll offer up a month of our yearly salary to the families of the tributes because all of this is possible because of them and them only."

The first thing Katniss said in the mic was a sharp inhale before she brought herself to follow the example.

"I didn't know Tresh but I owe him my life, thank you..." Looking over, it was heartbreaking. "But I knew Rue... She was my ally, my friend... I see her in the light of the meadows, in the trees, in my sister Prim, in the song of the mockingjays... I am sorry I failed her."

And then, from the crowd, a little whistled song came, one she heard on the forced rewatch of her own games. The little song of Rue.

And whoever did it, lifted up 12's salute.

The three-finger salute first represented goodbye, admiration, and unity among the people of District 12.

But with the news going around, after what became of the 74th games... The salute evolved to symbolize resistance against the Capitol.

Percy had heard of what was going on even if they tried to muffle it... This becoming way more then what her or Katniss had wanted it too.

Katniss raised her own salute, following by more of the crowd and Percy.

But that's when peacekeepers started to drag them back and rush through the crowd.

"Hey stop!" She yelled as the man was punched and brought to the ground before being dressed back.

"She said stop!!" Percy yanked against but they were more to hold her, knowing of what a candidate can do, dragged towards the courthouse behind them.

He was brought on the stage as Katniss yelled for them to stop, brought to his knees and--the door shut.

BANG!!

Katniss screamed as Haymitch grabbed her.

Percy shook herself out of the hold, hearing the commotion outside.

"Snow, this is Snow. This is all my fault" She said in panic.

"Katniss, no." Percy tried to say.

"It is. He told me to pacify the masses. To calm them and make them think we are not lying about this relationship."

"You could have maybe told me this before I went along with the previous plan and offered them money!" She snapped. "Katniss we are meant to be a team through this, I can't do this if you don't tell me and let me go head first with a plan doomed to fail."

"There is no plan like that." Haymitch said. "This is why you will read the cards Effie gives you, act so in love that you can't live without each other and do as Snow says, got it?"

Percy looped her arm around Katniss' shoulder, giving a rub as she cried over the man.

And the other districts? It wasn't better.

Percy sucked it up and even kissed her on TV, despite her heartbreaking that it was fake.

They read the cards, trying to believe they meant it.

But nothing.

Nothing worked.

The people of the districts still showing their salutes to them, still being dragged to be executed.

The people screaming at them for lying like Capitol trash.

The people begging, shoving against the peacekeeper line of defense, begging for the duo to talk about how they were truly feeling but no.

Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever.