Tree

It was walking up the rocky tops overlooking the river that this seeming grace period ended.

"Look over there!!" Cato's scream was so loud with excitement.

"Shit." Percy thought, Katniss not that easy to miss wadding through the water trying to get out of it.

"After her!"

And she had no choice but to follow, the moment she would look like she'd betray them she was sure an arrow or a spear would be in her.

Running through water with a frown, hearing their cheering, hollering and laughter as they ran after her.

Percy almost gave in and swung at the nearest career... But she didn't.

Smiling a bit as she climbed up a try and Glimmer tried to shoot her but once she missed and the second time Katniss moved out of the way... If she not good with a bow?

"You should learn to aim." Katniss yelled back down, making Percy chuckle at the careers.

"I'll come get you myself." Cato said, starting to climb but sliding and scrapping his hands on the first few feet.

He ripped Glimmer's bow from her hands and even he seemed to have a better hold on it then the girl... Good the know, but the arrow missed since the branch Katniss stood on let her dip behind the tree truck.

"Hey you!"

"What?"

"Go after her! You are from 12, you can also make it up the tree."

She frowned, looking up, Katniss already starting.

She needs to think of how to not.

Stepping to the tree and grabbing the trunk and putting up a foot.

Bracing the other as her reached higher, thinking how to not make it up the tree until her answer fell into her hands.

The little hand length of the already previously broken branch felt flimsy under her hand but not enough for it to break.

So when she pulled on it, she didn't just press on it straight but more to the ledge of it, the loud cracking of the wood heard as the break off caused her to hit her face on the bark and fall hard on her back, a good drop too, knocking her breath out too.

Rolling on her side, her dull headache not that bad but annoying and now adding to it with a scratch on her face.

"Look, let's just camp down here." She groaned. "She'll need to come down one of these days."

Cato stared down at her, frown evident on his face as she dusted herself off.

"Fine... Someone find firewood." He ordered, once again wanting to try making a fire.

-----------------------------------------------

Percy leaned against a tree with her elbows propped up on her knees and arms hanging limp.

Haymitch had sent nothing to her, she knew why of course, she didn't deserve it that must be it because a little beeping mini barrel looking thing on a parachute landed in the tree for Katniss.

Of course a mentor from the civilian side would not help a candidate. 

Or was it more like Katniss was struggling to survive alone? And she needed the help?

Or was it like one mentor could only choose one tribute to help and he chose Katniss? Which would be the reason why usually there is two mentors per district.

None of the options made her mood any better.

She was still more hurt then she should be at Katniss not giving a crap about their alliance, by right now that was not her worry, right now it was to find a solution to this situation for both of them.

Just like she thought first, Katniss was seeing Percy as two different people.

The violent girl had joined the careers and had been the reason why they are now camping the tree.

The prideful girl was the one that clearly snapped her hold on the tree and risked hurting herself with a fall to not get up to her and who had put that young tribute out of her misery.

She was disgusted by her actions at first, luckily not having been spotted that night but as she thought about it was for the best, the girl would die anyway, she just finished her off and spared her agony.

That rough bandage around her head and blood dried on her face didn't look like someone else's wondering how she got that.

But more important was thinking of how to get out of here even with her watching her every move.

------------------------------------------

Since when do alarm clocks sound like wasps?

The answer, never.

And so the scream of Glimmer woke them all up as the others soon followed.

The sting to her thigh hurt so much as she scrambled to her feet in the panic, her mind still asleep so she didn't think and ran after Cato and the others before tripping down a little embankments and tumbling down into the long dried riverbed.

A moment was needed to gather her thoughts, it felt like several bullets had gone into her but no.

Pushing up and grabbing her fallen weapon.

...

Glimmer had gone silent.

"Katniss?!" She yelled, worried she was hurt too, these things are no normal wasps, trackerjackers? Must be as the pain is not lessening while also numbing the area.

She hurried up the side of the slope, seeing her stand over what was left of Glimmer, holding bow and arrow and just staring, not moving.

"You need to run!" She said in hurry.

"I'll kill you bitch!!" She swung around, driving her elbow into Cato's side to stop his sprint to Katniss.

"RUN I TELL YOU!!" She screamed seeming to do the trick as she swung down, hitting Marvel's spear down and stomping on the handle, ripping it from his hands and slamming it down.

"Aah!!" Stumbling to the left while trying to put and not put weight on the leg was hard, catching herself on the tree and yanking Clove's throwing knife out of her leg, throwing it in the forest before trying to sing at her but Cato blocking the swing, sparks flying.

"Traitor!" He yelled, pushing her back with the blade and slashing.

"You forced my hand." She grunted, blocking the blow and kicking out his leg from under him. "I never wanted to join you!" She yelled while running while their main fighter was gone, not knowing where Katniss had gone but she ran in what she thought was another way.

Having trouble navigating as the venom was setting in, hoping their stings were also doing so.

She jerked back, the spear already hitting the ground in front of her but it was more of a reflexive reaction, but that also gave Cato the opening needed.

With a soundless scream, his sword was driven through her.

In a wild swing of her own, slamming it in his shoulder as she stumbled away, leaving the sword in him and running before the two others could catch up.