Party

(And like Percy will not suffer the Peeta in the arena and in the Capitol, or not fully, she has her own horrors planned and I apologize already because I had an idea but to do it it will require me using a mental disorder that I don't have or know someone that has it, and all I know is research about it. You might guess what it is since I was accidentally hitting at it already.)

The Capitol's party was no better then a masquerade. 

Fake complimenting liar.

Snakes laughing with hyenas.

Pride dealing with greed.

A cesspool of hedonist dreams and selfish nightmares. 

No intention true, no word real, no smile peaceful.

Katniss once again was reminded how fast Percy changed facets, able to blend in with the prideful snakes and the liar greedy.

It was a world she knew well, having played that game way back in district 12, the play of power between the peacechildren, the two faced crowd she was part of and grew up in.

Seemed like her other self, the teasing, poking, chatty girl was reserved to a select few. Katniss would not believe it existed if she didn't know about it.

Truly, Percy is like two people in one and she never knows which to expect to come out to play.

Luckily she could somewhat predict it on the situation by now, if harshness and power was needed she'd play her peacechild card, if there was no danger she'd get Percy.

She was not that uncomfortable with it now, it was a facade after all, an act, like the one they were playing, Percy's hand around her shoulder. It chased the grabbing hands away reminding them that she was not up for grabs while her presence made it worth for people to approach despite being scared of by the killer aura of the other victor.

"If I was you I'd wanna be me too." She'd joke with the people while Katniss often couldn't get on their level without wanting to teach them they are not on top of the world, that was when she realized that hand around her shoulders was there for another reason. A warning for her to stay in the role and not step out of line, not in a place Snow could see.

Seemed that the torrent of questions reached their ends as Percy's patience didn't. Don't underestimate the things she'll do when it comes to it.

Even if in the end she needed to dance around with touchy people, this was way better then being asked over and over and over again how was their wedding and what honeymoon they planned and that Snow would probably grant a gift to their favorite couple.

Dancing was way better momentarily then those memories of a future that would never be.

Even when it was with the new game maker with his cocky smile.

"Your partner has her way with words."

"They mockingjay then to repeat what is said so I am sorry if she insulted you." Percy simply told the man. "As you might now, I tend to sting with words."

"Oh no, she was quite nice, knowing who the true enemy is."

"Please, those not blind can see it, even animals, all flee the winter's snow for a reason."

"Trackerjackers don't, they were created to be creatures of resilience."

"True but they turned out too hardy, not even winter can kill them."

"The hive maybe, the individual will still die. Don't lose your hive."

She didn't really feel like this went anywhere and yet it gave her the impression that he was not that much of an asshole like the last game maker was... But all of them are assholes anyway, she'll just need to watch the games and compare how they work, Cenica or whatever his name was was a lover of animal and mutt events, she wonders what he'll do.

He'll make a big entrance she is sure since in six months it is reaping season once again and this time, for a quarter quell.

The 50th was won by Haymitch, a beautifully poisonous arena with 48 tributes.

Being a candidate, she knew more about the history of Panem then normal district citizens, she was taught that the first quell people voted who the send in, making distrust between the rich and the pour of the district even harsher. The second it was twice as many tributes to remind the people no matter what, it was a grace only 24 went to their deaths.

The third... She needed to look at this through current eyes, what what happening... But she couldn't figure out how Snow would use the situation for the quell.

And boy, did she wish she could have figured it out that night.