Talking

(Sadly guys, I will need to whip Peeta and not Gale because 1 it would break the relationship forever if she kissed a hurt Gale after what I'll do to Percy, 2 Peeta would actually apologize for being so loopy that he kissed her, 3 Gale is being turned bad guy here and 4 by that time their relationship would be more genuine.)

Jealousy.

Was this jealousy?

Or was it something else that made her wonder so much?

Percy and Peeta were closer then ever before, sharing something Katniss didn't know off. She had once asked her if she'd help her with groceries and she was rebuked, 'Peeta is waiting for me, I can't sorry.' it took Katniss a moment to digest that.

Ever since she had punched Gale she had not bothered that much with her, which was great at the start, able to hang out with her friend without him fighting with her but it now was weighing.

And Peeta was her friend first, now he was ditching her for Percy.

One thing she knew for sure to be jealousy was when she saw Percy explain with a smile whatever gesture of the sword was and how to do it while the baker's boy held the other clumsily and trying to follow along. This is for 100% certain, she was jealous of him learning from the other victor.

And slowly she was doubting Gale's words, Peeta seemed to side with Percy and only one of the boy got in so much trouble his name kept being added to the reaping bowl monthly, he couldn't have said something that bad to her... Right? Nothing to warrant her hitting him.

But then again Katniss is (stupid) unconvinced, not knowing what was real or not since the 74th, never truly trusting anyone.

Waking up early, alone in bed... Had she gotten that used to Percy being there? Sure she had woken her from her nightmare but she never left usually.

Yep, sleeping on the couch.

She grabbed her bow, thinking of hunting, not having had a freak out for a while... At the start she was seeing Marvel at the end of her arrow... Thinking for a moment.

Maybe she should apologize despite having no idea what's going on? She doesn't know how to do that with Percy but maybe this will a step towards it.

"Hey." She knows it was early but she still gently grabbed he-- Her hand was twisted to the side.

She was less shocked by this then she should be, having been grabbed and having your arm almost twisted off should have been surprising but the fact that Percy looked freaked out for a moment before she let go made her reaction muddled.

She scared her just by touching her... Did she have nightmares too?... Of course she'd have some and Katniss never thought to ask about it while the other victor was always there for her. Day by day she is realizing she is a worse and worse person.

"I'm sorry, just surprised me." Percy brushed off the genuine fear she had had on her face.

"I am going hunting." Katmiss said, rolling her wrist, not bringing it up if the other wouldn't. "Wanna come with?"

"Don't you want to go with Gale?"

There was an unusual abrasion to her voice. It was true, she usually hunted with Gale but since the fight these two had there had been something different to it. There was something, she couldn't place her hand on it but there was something.

True she would have gone get Gale but...

"You've never been outside of the fences, you almost ate nightlock, you need to see it before you die on me."

Percy chuckled.

"Fine, you're the boss." Standing up to go get her boots. "But I don't have a bow nor can I shoot one."

"Well I can teach you if you show me what you do with Peeta?"

"Ah?" She looked up while tying her laces. "What do I hear there? Are you jealous?"

"Why would I be?"

Percy once against just chuckled as she finished tying her boots, grabbing her sheathed belt.

"I'll teach you, you just need to ask."

Katniss smiled back.

"Great, let's go."

It was little but they were talking again.

And fate knows what this early morning hunt will bring their way.