Hades

(Artemis will not be explained yet, but dude, I will tell you this: I really should not have used this name because it is vile... That is your only warning when Artemis will be explained.)

A knock on the door made Katniss lift a brow, not expecting Percy back this soon; that woman basically lived here now, not that she minded, but still, this was fast.

She opened the door, and her mood dropped, it actually being an out-of-breath Peeta.

"What are you doing here?" She was a bit mad at being dumped like that but it didn't actually hurt her as much as she thought it would.

"I think Percy is in trouble." He said through pants. "I don't know but that guy, it felt evil."

----------------------------------------------

"Hades."

Peacechildren or candidate, no matter which group called them what one thing would never change, when two had friction it would be a war.

And Hades would want a war.

It was extremely common for peacekeepers to not marry through love, strong having strong spouses chosen and weaker ones weaker spouses.

And Hades was a menace, he beat out Percy in all category even if he didn't look like it, he was a monster in human skin bled from any humanity and mercy.

If Percy was the prodigy of the generation, Hades was the legend of the century, a ravine of power so deep between them that all she could too was set her jaw, tighten her fists and glare to not start shaking in fear.

And he had been the one selected as her spouse... Well before the games.

Not being a peacekeeper saved her from the obligations she had towards this guy as the victors were untouchable by peacekeepers until it was not Snow's orders... But this guy didn't seem to get it.

And even now he was able to make her bone quake.

"You'll have a new wife, I have no obli--" The punch to the face was harder, faster, then any of her senses could have reacted, even the pain only hit her when the ground came in contact with her back.

"I don't care if I have a new spouse, I still can have you too if I want." "Ah!!" Reaching for her hair as he had grabbed it and yanked her slightly off the floor by it. "Or have you forgotten who I am?"

She moved her legs to stand to not get her hair yanked but he did before she could, landing on her front and face down.

A gasped short cry as her ribs groaned under the stomp of the boot down in the middle of her back.

"How dare you humiliate me like that?" Stomping again. "Kissing someone else."

"I-it was to survive." She groaned out, pushing up before being shoved down again.

She looked up at his eyes, dots in the white sea of madness.

"You think I care?" Gasping as he leaned on that leg, squeezing the air out of her lungs against the ground. "You are mine to use how I want."

"I am not yours." She squeezed out, grabbing a fistful of dust off the ground with gritted teeth, looking up at him. 

Furry flashing through his eyes, grabbing her head and slamming it back down in the ground before wrenching it back, tensing when she felt a sharp blade at her throat.

She could barely breath in this position and a little movement would put an end to her.

"What I say is mine is and you are mine, my property and always will be, want it or not. I'll teach you to go against me. I'll just have to take care of your little whore if you don't."

Biting her lips, glaring hard into the eyes of this guy that had never had trouble killing, always blank faces, calculating, this monster.

"Hey big guy, what's the big idea?"

She almost smiled but her being here put her in danger.

"Leave!" She squeaked when the blade pressed harder in her throat.

As much as she enjoyed seeing Hades held at arrow point, she was sure he could either catch it or dodge it and hurt Katniss before anyone else can do anything about it.

"Peeta you fool." The boy must have been who went to get her.

She suddenly felt a shove on her head and she hit the ground with it as he pulled away and got off, making her cough as she finally could breathe.

"We were just settling a little misunderstanding." He said, putting the curved knife away, shrugging as if an arrow was not pointed at him.

Percy sitting back on her knees and reaching up as the ground was blood, blood down her face and he sliced into her throat but it doesn't feel like a deep wound nor is blood spraying out of it so she should be fine. Peeta coming over and crouching near her.

"Keep what I said in mind Persephone."

She gulped, holding her neck.

---------------------------------------------------

"So will you tell me what that was?" Katniss asked.

Peeta had been sent home while Katniss pulled Percy back with her.

They told the mother that Percy had fallen in the forest to not worry her too much as she helped with the cut, her nose having stopped bleeding by the time they got back.

"Hades." Percy had stolen Katniss' bed partially, laying face down, arms spread out but kneeling on the ground, Katniss herself sitting on the other empty side. "Was to be my husband if I became a peacekeeper but as a victor that deal doesn't hold."

It rubbed Katniss in a wrong way to have Percy refer to someone like that as her husband... Or anyone really but the girl on fire is not ready for that revelation yet. But it did feel wrong. She gave her head a pat of compassion.

"Can't you do anything? Like report him for hurting you?"

"No, I am the prodigy of the generation right?"

"Yeah we all heard of that."

"Well he's the legend of the century. He is on a complete different level and he always gets what he wants, and he wants me." She said into the bed.

"Can I help somehow."

"No, he even threatened to kill you... I need to deal with this alone."

"Hey, we survived a killer guy once, we can do it again."

Percy laughed a little, lifting her head up and crossing her arms under it, laying her head on it.

"That's one way to see it."

"Just saying, we are a team aren't we?"

"Yeah, sure, we are."

"Then let me deal with his ass."

And Percy laughed.

She laughed despite knowing that she wouldn't have peace while Hades is alive.

He'd haunt her and hurt all those she cares for.

And she knows he'll try to kill her one of these days.

But she'll be ready since she can't leave Katniss alone.

They are a team after all.