Mutts

(So... I wish I could give you ao3 notes worth of explanation of why I was publishing this each day but nope. I have been neck-deep in Hazbin Hotel and have three different ocs with three different fics going on for them, two on Wattpad and one more over the top on ao3 itself, and I am in that right now. HG doesn't interest me as 100% of the time as before. I get hyper-focus moments, and when it is done, it is done... I am your Hazbin bitch right now and not Mockingjay bitch... But I promised at one chapter to someone before Wednesday hits, so lucky you, you're getting it... Like I said before, I am skipping the fog but I let you keep Mags alive for the rest of the fic as compensation. We are also assuming they already have the spile as I put that in the same chapter as the fog usually and I don't remember if that moment happened already. Roll the script!)

"What... The absolute fuck is that?" Percy panted, pushing up on her elbows, having been laying face down since that's how she fell.

Looking up at the fog wall that had stopped moving.

"It was time." She groaned and dropped her head, her skin was still burning from the boils and warts formed by the fog and her knee was killing her, she doesn't need to lose her second leg, fuck.

But she snapped up at Katniss screaming, ready to tackle whoever it was but... It was just her alone.

"T-the water... It helps." She showed her her hand, the inflamed skin instantly dropping as the ashy residue was washed off.

"Seems painful tho."

"Percy."

"Yeah whatever, worth it." Walking on her knees to it and, like a dumbass, let herself splash in it and to all fucks that exist give her the strength because it fucking hurt!!

Splashing out, coughing and hissing.

"Yeah you weren't joking, ouch!"

"Come on, help me with Finnick and Mags."

"You grab Finnick." Mags had not gotten a lot of run ins with the fog since she had basically three people to protect her but there were still marks on her arms. "I am not touching him after he did that too my leg." (I am too deep in Hazbin hotel and almost had Percy called Finnick a cum-dump... Yeah.)

"You still pissy about that?"

"You'd be too!" She helped Mags walk to the water, sitting with her as she smiled while Katniss struggled to pull Finnick into the water as he screamed about the pain.

"As much as I love your voice, shut up." It was not the insult that shut Percy down, it was the first part of the sentence, sadly needing to remind herself that she was just imagining meaning behind it and Katniss couldn't really love her, once again the white ring on her finger felt heavy with lies.

"You are cruel girls." Finnick hissed, rising from the water.

"A little pain can't hurt you Finnick." Percy grinned.

"Literally contradicting yourself." He walked over, grabbing Mags' hands as Percy stood, walking to where she fell to pick up her discarded swords.

"Shut up."

But life... Oh life, it didn't seem to be getting easier.

"Percy..." She heard the worry in Katniss' voice, making her freeze, not about to smack another force field by moving around.

"Yeah?" She looked over.

"Come over, slowly."

She saw her nock an arrow as Finnick grabbed Mags on his back, both looking passed her.

She stood, gulping.

And Percy would have been a nice girl, she would have listened, she would have gladly listened, if it was not for the hot and moist breath on the back of her throat with something accidentally scrapping the side of it.

She threw herself back from it, lashing out a blade swipe, seeing the monkey mutt's face being slides through as the rest of the pack screamed and hollered as she fell back into the pond.

Trying to back up quickly as she so a monkey jump, throwing her arms up.

Head shoved underwater as she screamed, instantly shoving her free hand in between the mutt's lower jaw and her forearm it was biting on, trying to force its maw open.

People say 'we bite down' but it is actually the lower jaw doing all the work and despite stabbing her hand on the teeth will the bite wound bleed onto her stopped this beat from being about to snap her arm since she was fighting against it.

Feeling its own arm grab at herself, shaking her around before it jerked back and went limp in its bite.

Quickly grabbing the blade and swinging it in the side of the beast, kicking it off.

Coughing as she stood, barely registering the screams to run for the beach.

Running down heel was harder when chased, exhausted and hurt, Percy was not having a good time to say the least.

"KATNISS!!" She shoved her and got tackled against a vined tree trust.

Grabbing a fistful of fur on the mutt's face with a hand in its face to push back as the teeth snapped a breath away from her throat, a mutt is stronger then even the normal version of the animal and as it is, most normal animals like monkey are stronger then humans.

Out of nowhere she was free, a scream as a dark shadow threw itself at the mutt and tackled it down long enough for her to pull out her second sword and execute the mutt through beheading.

"What the hell?" Finnick, he had ran away and Percy thought he had left them but he came back without Mags once the lady was safe and away, stabbing a lunging mutt. "Come on! We need to go! Leave her! She's as good as dead."

"Fuck that! No man gets left behind!" Grabbing the bloody blade between her teeth and both arms under the woman lathered in some natural makeup to blend in.

She shifted her, flipping so she was carrying her over her shoulder and booked it.

Sadly and finally, the beach was not far.

Running on sand almost made her trip over but she just feel on her knees in the water, it took.

She looked over her shoulder, everyone accounted for as Finnick was threatening the mutts to come out of the treeline.

She gently put the woman down, backing a bit into the water so the weight of her own body wouldn't hurt, feeling she had an easier time breathing.

But it was salt water and so the blood pooling around her stomach area in the water must be where she is hurt... Fatal.

"Hey, hey, hey." She grabbed her face, Percy kneeling as the woman was made to lean against the rock paths. "All if fine, it is fine." She whispered.

Gasping for air and choking on simply air tainted the beauty of the sunrise.

"You know I can't swim but always loved the blue of the ocean, so deep and mysterious. Even here, you see it? The blue is beautiful isn't it? So calm and serene."

The head of the woman was weighing more and more in her hands.

"I always wondered what the waters hide, what secrecy things it has, would it be better to not know, would..." She stopped talking, getting no more reaction.

She frowned, hissing softly, letting go gently, watching the body fall over on her side and float there, face towards the sky.

She felt a hand on her shoulders as she watched the morbid sight, looking up at Katniss momentarily.

"I didn't even know her name... And she died for me." She chastised herself, standing up from the water.

"You think she sacrificed herself?" Katniss asked.

"The only reason I can think of as too why she didn't let me die then and there... Weird."

Percy sighed as Katniss watched the body, gently nudging it to float away, knowing a hovercraft would collect it and getting it to happen faster would be for the best.

But she too found it weird.