Chapter 14

Isaac-

"You have pretty eyes."

What? I don't even know what to say to that.

Her cheeks start to turn red and she closes her eyes as if she's embarrassed. Mia fucking Petrova being embarrassed is something I never thought I'd live to see.

Leaning down so we're face to face, our noses brushing against each other, "You think my eyes are pretty?"

"I mean... they um... no. They're ugly." She's fucking stuttering. Mia is stuttering. That doesn't happen.

"Love, you're stuttering." I feel a smirk making its way to my face as her eyes open to glare at me.

"Shut up." After that she realizes just how close we are and I feel her tense a little and her breath hitch.

I'm fighting a smile now. "If you think I have pretty eyes just say that. No need to be embarrassed."

"I'm not embarrassed. I just don't need your stupid ego being boosted any further than it is. You know someone's gotta keep you humble."

"Well if it helps your eyes aren't the worst thing ever." And with that I stand straight and back up from her. "Now, we should get back, don't you think?"

"Mhm. Yeah. Let's go."

That whole interaction was entertaining. I mean seeing Mia get embarrassed was funny.

I let Mia go back to the table first and while I wait a few more seconds I check my phone. Mia's dad texted us both saying, "We got everything we needed but they caught a few of our guards leaving. Be ready to fight like now."

Shit. Mia's in there by herself with them. I walk in the dining room and see everyone is normal. What the fuck. Sitting down Matthew turns to me, "Is everything alright? You were gone for a while."

"Yep. Everything's fine."

He just nods in response and starts talking about how him and his wife met. I kick Mia under the table again and she looks up glaring at me. Mouthing for her to look at her phone I text her.

***

Isaac-
the dumb fucks of a guard we had got caught. they know somethings up.

Little brat 🖕🏽
wait what? then why aren't they saying anything and acting normal?

Isaac-
your guess is as good as mine.
your dad says just be ready in case they try anything.
i would advise not to eat or drink anything else just in case they try to kill us or sum.

Little brat 🖕🏽-
alr.
just act normal and pls don't provoke them or sum shi.
if i die, i'm coming back to haunt you.

Isaac-
sounds like your obsessed with me.
i mean.. spending your time in the afterlife to haunt me of all ppl. why not Alé?

Little brat 🖕🏽-
how abt i kill you?
don't let them kill you. that's my job. i'll never forgive you if you let sb else kill you.

Isaac-
wtv you say Love.

Little brat 🖕🏽-
stop calling me tht.