Chapter 22

She's going crazy

She's going crazy. Mia is so far in her own head right now that she's driving herself insane. She's worried, so worried. I understand that, I mean this is her best friend we're talking about here. But she hasn't slept in days.

It's been a week since the night I finally got her to talk to me and tell me what all is on her mind. 2 and a half weeks since the last time anyone has heard from Alè. 2 and a half fucking weeks since I've seen Mia or Leo smile a real smile. Not these fake or little ones they've been giving.

Everyone has been trying to help distract them from all of this. Noah's been taking Leo to places out of town like a fair, a trampoline park, even a football game for Leo's favorite team. He had him front row and had him meet all of the players. The team won. That made Leo smile, all of it made him smile. It was still a small one but it was the biggest one since Alè disappeared.

I've been on Mia watch. Trying to get her to talk, trying to make sure she doesn't kill everyone in sight.

CJ and me took her to an underground boxing match, and she killed the guy she was up against.

Ever since, she's been restricted to just fighting a punching bag.

Re-Re has been making sure Mia eats. CJ has been taking her with him on some of his missions. Re-Re normally goes with him but she suggested that he take Mia so that she can 'take out her anger on something other than a punching bag' because 'punching bags are lame and who really wants to fight those 24/7.'

Right now we're at school. In a damn math class.

We are all sitting on the back row where we normally sit. Mia by the window, me next to her, CJ next to me, and then Re-Re at the end. Noah and Sarah are on the row in front of us because Sarah wanted to sit 'a little closer to the front' but Noah wanted to sit near us so they just moved up a row. It was stupid but I just stopped trying to understand them and their relationship.

There's a seat empty by us tho. The seat Alè is supposed to sit in. It's just more of a reminder that she's still missing. I've been searching everywhere. Every camera on every street.

The last time she was spotted on a camera was her leaving some building near the outskirts of New York. She left in her car, she seemed fine from what I could see. But she was limping. I didn't tell Mia about that though. I told her dad and he said not to tell her. Claiming things would be better for Mia if she didn't know that Alè was limping or leaving that building.

He didn't say why though.

I know that building, it's where people in this town go to get drugs for their parties. It's the one place where you can go to get them that's in a 30 mile radius of our town.

Class hasn't started yet. People are still walking to their classes. Looking at the door I see the teacher talking to someone. She looks new. Red hair, seems to be around 5'8, definitely likes the beach considering her tan and the 'Live laugh surf' keychain on her backpack.