Chapter 26

For once I wake up before Mia

Her head is on my chest, arms around my neck, legs in between mine. My arms are wrapped around her waist holding her closer to me.

I try to get up without waking her but she doesn't budge. Her grip on me tightens and I hear her mumble some incoherent words. "Baby, let me go. I'll go make you breakfast."

I try to get up again and this time she lets me, grabbing a pillow and hugging it to her body.

I go and brush my teeth and use the bathroom before heading to the kitchen to make food.

Deciding to go the easy and basic route, I make pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

Mia comes walking in the kitchen right when the food gets done. I take a second to look at her. She's only in my t-shirt that goes to a little under her mid thigh, her hair messy since she just woke up. God, she's beautiful.

She sits down in one of the chairs at the island, grabbing a plate while saying, "Good morning."

I grab a plate while taking a seat next to her, "Good morning."

Neither of us speak while we eat. Once we finish she takes the plates and puts them in the sink. "Thank you."

"For what?"

She rolls her eyes and looks at me with an annoyed expression, "The food, stupid."

"Oh. You're welcome."

She walks out the kitchen back towards the bedroom and I follow her. "I'm taking a shower. I got to get home and clean before I go back to school tomorrow."

"Okay. Do you need to borrow some clothes? I think I have some in here somewhere." I don't come here much, so I don't have many clothes here but I did find a shirt for Mia to wear last night. I mainly come here when I'm too lazy or drunk to drive back home or something.

"Aren't the clothes I got yesterday still in your car? You could get those." I forgot about that. I hated every second of being in that mall. Well until towards the end.

"Okay, I'll go get them."

"Thanks."