Chapter 29

TW: mentions of rape, abuse, and selfharm

Mia went to the basement to figure out who that girl was and why she tried to kill her

I've been sitting in my office writing what I can't say to Mia. I can't bring myself to say what has been going on so I decided to write it. It's easier for me this way.

I'm terrified of what she's going to say, going to think.

Right when I finish writing she walks in. She changed clothes when we got here, she decided to have extra clothes in her office in case she ever needed them. So she's in some leggings and an oversized sweatshirt, her hair thrown into a messy bun with a few pieces framing her face.

"So, you said you'd explain everything?" She takes a seat in one of the chairs in front of my desk, looking at me with an emotionless expression.

"Yeah um, here." I hand her the paper and she looks at it confused before slowly taking it from me. "It was easier to write it down than to say it."

She nods her head before starting to read the paper.

I read the paper Isaac gave me. Confused on what's so bad that he couldn't say it out loud.

***
Okay so, I don't know how to start this but... you know how I have panic attacks. Well, I used to have nightmares too. It all started when I was around 8 years old. I honestly don't know the exact age. Most of this is blurry for me.

It was before me and my parents moved here. I had an older brother. My parents had him when they first met when they were 16 and 17. When I was born they were 25 and 26. Meaning my brother was around 17 when this all started.

We had a good relationship growing up. He was the best big brother ever. But then he started acting different. Distant, mean, harsh. He started training to take over the mafia. At the time I didn't know anything about the mafia but he did.

One day he was supposed to be watching me while our parents went out of town. He had some friends over. They all drank. I stayed in my room. I was sitting there watching TV when my door opened.