Chapter 39

"DUDE SHE LIKES YOU! YOU LIKE HER! OH MY GOSH! THIS FEELS LIKE A JOKE! YOU BETTER NOT BE JOKIN-"

"Noah. If you don't shut the fuck up I swear."

I have a headache. Yesterday Mia and me both technically admitted to not hating each other- liking- each other. And now Noah hasn't stopped bugging me about it.

We're at his house because he called me to help him set up his guest bedroom for Leo.

Leo and him are like brothers at this point. Leo calls him his big brother and Noah calls him his little brother. Leo's consistently over here so Noah decided to decorate the guest bedroom with stuff that Leo likes.

If this wasn't something for Leo I would've left already, but sadly I'm putting myself through torture for the kid.

He better be fucking in love with this room.

"It's like my two parents getting married or something." Noah looks like he might faint from the happiness he's feeling about this whole situation.

"As your 'parent' can I fucking punch you?"

He dramatically gasps and says, "No! You can't punch your child. That's like... um... child abuse."

"Well luckily I'm not your actual parent dumbass."

"You know I always thought y'all would look cut-"

"Noah. Say one more thing about it and I'll start questioning your relationship with Amelia."

His eyes widen and he rushes out, "Okay. You got it. You win. I'll stop."

Noah doesn't talk about his relationship with Amelia. All he tells us is that their friends. And that they hang out. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

But we all know they've definitely done something. We just don't know what, or when.

"That's what I thought. Now can we get back to finishing this room?"

***

How did I get to Noah's house at 12 in the afternoon and it's 9 at night and I'm just now leaving? And How did we just finish redecorating the guest room?

Maybe because Noah has the attention span of a fish?

Mia called me an hour ago and said she was going to sleep and asked if I was going over there today.

Of course I said yes. I practically live there now.

"Sooooo, you going to your girlfriend's house?" I'm going to punch him in the face.

"Noah. After spending the whole day with you my patience is so close to being gone. Please shut up."

"I'm taking that as a yes."