Chapter 23*

Tw: Mature content ;)

Lights, music, people, drinks

I'm sitting on the counter in the kitchen, drink in hand, Re-Re next to me. We've been here for an hour and I'm honestly glad we came.

The whole time I've felt... free. All the worry and stress I've felt the past week is gone, it might be temporary but it feels good for the moment.

I feel someone's eyes on me from across the room. I don't bother to look considering I already know whose eyes they are. Isaac has been staring at me all night, glaring at anyone who nears me, walking away from anyone who nears him.

Re-Re nudges my side to gain my attention, leaning closer to me so I can hear her, "You know, at this point you might as well go over there. We've been here for an hour and his eyes haven't left you once." She nods her head towards Isaac to tell me who she's talking about, as if I already don't know.

"I'm well aware of that. But if he wants to talk he can come to me. I'd rather die than give in to whatever this is first."

"Y'all make my head hurt." I look at her then.

"And you and CJ don't? I mean y'all are pretty much dating already but neither of you are willing to make it official." Her eyes look like they might fall out of her head.

"We are not. Me and CJ are just friends, nothing more." From the look on her face and the tone of her voice I'm not sure if she's trying to convince me or her.

"Mhm, sure." I bring my cup to my lips looking forward, my eyes meet Isaac's and his fall to my lips. My tongue comes out to wipe away some of my drink that fell on my lips, his eyes following each movement. He meets my eyes once more before his eyes drift somewhere else and I watch as his jaw clenches.

He leans off the wall and tells CJ and Noah something and then they all three look at me. Now what the fuck. Isaac has an unreadable look on his face while he starts walking to me. I stay where I am, keeping my eyes locked on his.

"Oh no, lover boy is coming this way. I'm gonna go dance or something, have fun." Right as Re-Re walks away, Isaac is in front of me. Standing between my legs with his hands on either side of my hips.

"How can I help you gros oiseau?" He leans closer to me, his lips brushing my ear.

"How much have you have to drink?"

"Considering you've been watching me all night I'm surprised you don't already know." He bites down on my neck some making my breath hitch.

He moves his head back to where we are eye to eye again. "That's for the attitude. Now, answer the question."

"Not much. This is my 2nd cup." I don't drink much at parties. Well that's a lie. I sometimes don't drink much at parties. It really just depends on how I feel, and tonight I don't want to get drunk out my ass. Now, I did plan on smoking some weed later. I'm not a huge smoker of any type but on occasion I'll smoke weed, only if it's from Noah, CJ, or Isaac though. I don't trust anyone else.