Chapter 18

My mom is in a bad mood

My mom is in a bad mood. She won't tell me what happened but from what i've collected it has something to do with why Alè and Leo are here.

I was woken up from my nap to Leo crying in front of my bed trying to wake me up. When I woke up he looked at me with a really sad look and said he had a nightmare and Alè wasn't there.

He climbed in bed with me and wrapped himself up in my blanket. I gave him my remote and let him put on anything he wanted.

He wouldn't tell me why he was here because he says, "Alè would want to be the one to tell you."

I texted her and asked where she went and she said she went home to get Leo some clothes.

She came back like 30 minutes after Leo came into my room.

I could tell something was wrong. I snuck out of my room making sure not to wake Leo. Alè looked like her mind was in a different place. She looked stressed, I asked what was wrong and she didn't give much of an answer. She said "Something happened with my mom earlier. Me and Leo are staying here, if that's cool with you?"

Obviously I said yes. I mean she's my best friend, practically my sister. I'm concerned on what happened that's made Leo's nightmares come back, my mom to look like she's ready to kill someone, and Alè to look so lost.

Today has been a weird day. Between what happened with Isaac at the funeral to what ever is happening now, I just might need to book that plane ticket to Dubai very soon.

Leo is still asleep in my room while me and Alè are outside by the pool. We've been sitting in silence for a while. I'm trying to patiently wait for her to tell me what happened but I'm starting to get more and more nervous.

After a few more minutes of silence, Alè finally speaks up, her voice sounded exhausted and quiet, "She has a man living in the house. One I didn't know existed until today. One that she's told about my addiction, so I'm assuming she's told him about everything else too."

She? Who's sh-

Her mom you idiot.

Oh. OH! That fucking bitch. "What exactly do you mean living there? Like moving in? Staying full time, 24/7 type living?"

"Mhm. 24 fucking 7. His name is Victor. When I walked in the house and she told me I froze. Everything came rushing back to me the longer I stood there staring at him. He sounded just like my dad, Mia. So much so I wanted to cry." She turns to me with tears brimming in her eyes, "When I went upstairs, I found Leo sitting in his floor crying so hard he was shaking. I know he's scared. Hell, I'm fucking scared. Everything was getting better. What if he's like my dad? I can't go through that again. I can't let Leo go through that again."

I hug her. So tight that I might just cut off her oxygen but in the moment I don't care. I hate that this is all coming back to her. She was getting better. The addiction, her fear of being touched, her anxiety, everything. Now all of that progress is at jeopardy, all because of a man.