Chapter 131

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee

*

The first two rounds ended in a 1:1 tie. The third round was crucial - winning 2:1 would secure one victory and a net score of 1 point; losing 1:2 would mean zero victories and a net score of -1.

While all teams in Group S secured a spot in the playoffs, only the top four could make it to the winner bracket. Everyone aimed for the winner bracket due to its two lives, while a slight misstep in the loser bracket could lead to elimination.

These unspoken rules were well-known, yet Coach Lin didn't articulate them, so as not to add more pressure to the team.

He turned to Ye Shaoyang and said, "In the deciding round, let's play it safe and focus on details to secure a potential victory."

As the break ended, both sides entered the decisive round's Ban-Pick phase.

Tianhuan didn't ban the Bounty Hunter; surprising moves rarely secure two consecutive wins. In the third round, Jingzhe also didn't ban the Black/White Wolf Core system, maintaining focus on the banning support position.

Many teamfight-oriented supports, control-oriented and protective, were banned.

On the blue side, Tianhuan first picked the marksman, Wind Nymph.

The commentator explained, "Tianhuan picked an agile marksman to ensure the marksman isn't insta killed. Wind Nymph has good mobility and strong self-defense capabilities."

"Jingzhe chose Machine Gun Huntsman and Master Machinist, a tower pushing combination."

"Tianhuan, in the second and third picks, chose Frost Goddess and Black Dragon Knight for the mid and top lanes!"

"Jingzhe's third pick, Vampiric Duke for the top lane, tanky and versatile."

The Ban-Pick phase in the first stage was conventional. Compared to the previous two rounds where both sides brought out new strategies, in the third round, they opted for stability, choosing standard lineups.

In these situations, it came down to details and execution, as everyone was familiar with all the heroes.

In the second phase, Tianhuan banned two burst-heavy mid laners, and Jingzhe focused on the jungle position.

Coach Chen asked Captain Fang, "What do you think Chi Shuo will pick for the jungle?"

Fang Zhengqing replied, "He's likely to choose a jungle core."

Coach Chen thought, using reverse exclusion, Chi Shuo probably would pick a utility champion.

So, he banned champions like Brawler and Holy Knight, typical utility picks.

For the fourth pick, Jingzhe selected the jungler White Bear, leaving the last pick for the mid lane.

"I remember in a previous match, Qu Jiang played Frost Goddess in the support role, so it's unclear if Tianhuan picked Frost Goddess for mid or support."

"Yes, if Frost Goddess is in the support role, Tianhuan will pick another mid laner for the 4th or 5th pick."

Two heroes appeared in the selection box simultaneously: Stealth Rogue for the jungle and Space Time Traveler for support.

Coach Chen exclaimed, "Didn't you say he wouldn't pick a jungle core?"

Fang Zhengqing innocently replied, "I said he would pick a jungle core."

Coach Chen sighed, "The problem is, we did a reverse of everything you said."

Fang Zhengqing said, "Maybe they predicted my predictions. Double negatives make a positive?"