Chapter 171

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee

After the match, Ye Shaoyang returned to the backstage, where an excited reporter from his team thrust a microphone in front of him and said, "Congratulations to Lieyang for a 2:0 victory over the Japanese player, securing the first match in the group stage and striking an opening victory for our China region delegation!"

Ye Shaoyang politely nodded to the reporter: "Thank you."

The reporter said, "We noticed that you played exceptionally smoothly today, seeming to have a deep understanding of Japan's Tokuyama Takuya, even guessing his hiding spots multiple times. Did you do your homework in advance?"

Ye Shaoyang responded, "Yes, Captain Chi helped me gather detailed information on Tokuyama and even sparred with me, simulating matches against him. Captain Chi is also very skilled with assassin-type heroes. I've learned quite a bit about fighting assassins from sparring with him, like using the Shadow mage to counter the Stealth Rogue, which is a strategy we've repeatedly validated."

The reporter was somewhat surprised: "So, Captain Chi is also serving as your sparring partner while abroad?"

Ye Shaoyang smiled, "Yes, he's also helping Xiao Xing analyze opponents and has shared a lot of individual match experience with us, making him a behind-the-scenes strategist for Xiao Xing and me."

In the backstage preparation room, everyone's gaze turned to Chi Shuo.

Chi Shuo remained composed, with a slight smile on his lips, appearing to be in a good mood.

Chairman Qiu cheerfully said, "Lieyang is singing your praises."

Chi Shuo replied, "I just helped him analyze the opponent. The key to winning against Tokuyama Takuya lies in his operational details and in-the-moment reactions."

Zhou Jiawen joked from the side, "You two keep praising each other, pity we don't have sparring partners."

Xie Weiyu whispered, "Captain Zhou, how about we spar with each other?"

Zhou Jiawen replied, "Good idea!"

The screen continued to show the interview with Ye Shaoyang, where the reporter asked, "Do you feel confident about the upcoming matches? Do you think you have a good chance of advancing from your group?"

Ye Shaoyang answered, "Of course, I'm confident. It's hard to say about advancing, but I'll do my best."

After the interview, Ye Shaoyang entered the preparation room, where Chairman Qiu applauded him: "You played excellently!"

Zhou Jiawen, Xie Weiyu, and others also came forward to congratulate.

Ye Shaoyang smiled, “It's just a win in the group stage match; we shouldn't get too excited too early."

Chairman Qiu said, "Don't be modest. I believe you'll definitely make it through the group stage."

After dinner at the hotel, everyone headed to the venue for the evening's matches.

Zhou Jiawen, Xie Weiyu, and Cheng Xing were assigned to groups E~H, with their matches scheduled for the evening. Xie Weiyu and Zhou Jiawen had their matches at 7 pm simultaneously, while Cheng Xing had a match in the last slot at 10 pm.

With only two official commentators accompanying the team to Korea, and the overlapping match times of Zhou Jiawen and Xie Weiyu, it was impossible to cover both. Ultimately, Chairman Qiu decided to have Mu Mu and Dong Ge commentate on Xie Weiyu's match on-site, while Zhou Jiawen's match would be broadcast by domestic commentators. Tomorrow, both would compete at the same time again, and the arrangement would be switched accordingly.