Chapter 172

Edited by- xiaoAnZheee 

The next afternoon, the S10 World Invitationals Solo Tournament's quarterfinals kicked off on schedule in Seoul's esports arena. Among the players who made it into the top 8, there were 3 assassins, 3 warriors, and 2 mid-laners.

And in the quarterfinals, the two mid-laners ended up facing each other.

Mitchell, from the North American region, debuted in the S8 season and clinched the Rookie of the Year award; now in S10, he's a veteran with three seasons of experience, having shown commendable performance in the regular season.

His opponent, TH-Sunshine, is known as a mid-lane demon by fans in his home region, but is relatively unknown to audiences from other regions, seen merely as a newcomer from China.

As a world-class mid-laner, Mitchell's fame far outshines Ye Shaoyang's.

Most spectators believed that Mitchell, facing a newbie, was more likely to win. The betting platforms opened before the match showed 70% support for Mitchell's victory, with only 30% backing Sunshine.

Ye Shaoyang remained unfazed by external opinions, focusing solely on preparing for the match. Chi Shuo took the time to cut together footage of Mitchell's games for Ye Shaoyang to analyze and strategize.

At 3 PM, the China delegation entered the esports arena.

A reporter briefly interviewed Ye Shaoyang: "Lieyang, are you confident about today's mid-lane showdown with Mitchell? Your fans back home are very concerned about your condition."

Ye Shaoyang smiled and waved at the camera: "Thank you for your concern. I've sparred with Mitchell in practice games before. I'm not nervous about today's match and will do my best."

"Good luck!" the reporter encouraged.

Ye Shaoyang gestured a thumbs-up to the camera and then proceeded to the prep room with Chi Shuo.

Next door, Mitchell was psyching himself up while texting his coach: "I'm picking the Abyssal Lord against Sunshine today. Not only does he know how to play it, but I do too! Last time he solo killed me with the Abyssal Lord, this time I'm getting my revenge!"

The coach cautioned him: "Don't get too excited, stay calm."

Mitchell's style was passionate and aggressive, prone to impulsiveness during matches. Although he's grown more mature and calm this season, the coach was still worried he might let his emotions get the best of him, potentially costing him the game.

"Don't worry, I'll stay cool today," Mitchell assured.

As the match was about to begin.

Ye Shaoyang and Mitchell bowed to the audience as they walked onto the big stage, exchanging a glance. Ye Shaoyang even smiled at Mitchell, saying, "Good luck."

Mitchell was puzzled. "Good luck to me? What's that supposed to mean? Is this some sort of mind game?"

They each entered their soundproof booths. In the center of the big stage, under the dazzling lights, Ye Shaoyang appeared calm, swiftly setting up his equipment.

The official Korean announcer introduced the players: "Mitchell, well-known to all, the main mid-laner from the American FNO team, a world-class mid-laner! TH-Sunshine, from the Chinese Tianhuan team, a newcomer to the world stage!"

"We see that 70% of the pre-match bets favor Mitchell to win! The odds for Sunshine have reached 3 to 1!"

Yao Mu and Dong Ge were broadcasting the match for the domestic audience from the second-floor commentary booth.