Chapter 140

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee 

The third round of the regular season, which spanned five weeks, two weeks have passed, and the six teams in Group S have faced off against each other, with varied results.

Tianhuan won against Jingzhe 2:1 and Houwen 2:0, winning 2 matches with a net score of 3 points.

Bei Mu won against Yueying 2:1 and ICE Binghun 2:0, also winning 2 matches with a net score of 3 points.

Both teams were tied for first place.

Jingzhe won against Houwen 2:1 but lost to Tianhuan 1:2, winning 1 match with a net score of 0 points.

ICE Binghun won against Yueying 2:1 but lost to Bei Mu 0:2, winning 1 match with a net score of -1 point.

Both of these teams have a record of 1 win and 1 loss.

Yueying has lost two matches in a row, with a net score of -2.

Houwen has also lost two matches in a row, with a net score of -3.

From the current rankings, Tianhuan had a very high probability of advancing to the winner bracket (top four).

This season, Yueying, due to the short integration time between Xie Weiyu and Xu Zhuo, was relegated to Group A in the second round. Although they fought back into Group S, the team's issues with the rhythm of the upper and lower lanes have not been completely resolved.

Ye Shaoyang was very close to Xie Weiyu, knowing that Xiao Yu was very hardworking and often practiced privately. However, the other teams in Group S were equally diligent, making Yueying's chances of advancing to the winner bracket slim.

However, the loser bracket was not without hope, as the history of professional leagues had many examples of teams from the loser bracket making it to the finals. There were two months of adjustment time before the regular season ended, and anything was possible.

Houwen's current performance was poor. As a team centered around a core player, Zhou Jiawen was being targeted too heavily, and if the mid-jungle core failed to initiate, the team's rhythm would collapse easily.

In the third week, Group S's schedule included Tianhuan vs. ICE Binghun, Bei Mu vs. Jingzhe, and Yueying vs. Houwen.

If Tianhuan could secure a victory against ICE Binghun, it would be their third consecutive win, ensuring their advancement to the winner bracket even if they lose the following two matches. The playoffs were in an elimination format, and teams in the winner bracket have a greater chance of winning prizes due to having two lives.

Coach Lin gathered the team for a meeting the next afternoon, noting ICE Binghun's strength in team fights, even though they were currently ranked fourth in Group S. ICE Binghun, last season's champions, had excellent coordination in team fights, making them formidable opponents.

ICE Binghun's captain, Chen Qianhua, from the Star City Youth Training Base and the League's only Beta captain, was currently the strongest support player in the China region with an impressive overall vision of the game.

Coach Lin pointed out ICE Binghun's weaknesses in early game laning and their non-star player status in the marksman and mid positions. This was cited as a reason for their less impressive performance this season compared to Season 9.

Chi Shuo suggested that their team fight tactics have been thoroughly analyzed by other teams, recommending disrupting one of ICE Binghun's lanes early to prevent them from reaching the late game.

Ye Shaoyang proposed a strategy inspired by Bei Mu's recent match against ICE Binghun, advocating for early aggression to prevent ICE Binghun's carry from scaling and favoring smaller fights over full 5v5 team fights.