Chapter 141

Edited by xiaoAnZheee

On Saturday night, only Tianhuan and Binghun were scheduled for the match in S group, leaving the other four teams' matches arranged for Sunday. Therefore, the members of the other teams were not seen backstage.

At a hotel near the esports venue, Bei Mu, Jingzhe, and other team members gathered in a dormitory, watching the live broadcast of the match on TV. Many streamers on major gaming platforms were also providing real-time commentary on this match.

Among them was Xiao Wei, a top streamer from the Whale Platform.

Xiao Wei and Mu Mu were the streamers that Ye Shaoyang got to know during his rookie period. Since Xiao Bai became an esports player, Xiao Wei had been following Tianhuan's matches. Having some free time today, he started a live stream to watch and comment on the match.

Numerous comments flooded the live stream chat—

【Aren't you friends with Xiao Bai? Are you going to unconditionally praise him today?】

【Last time Mu jie commented on the position match in Xingcheng, she kept praising Xiao Bai, which was so awkward for me】

【Xiao Bai really plays well, why can't we praise him?】

【They say he has world-class mid-laner skills, aren't the fans overhyping him?】

【Lieyang's fans really think highly of themselves, already boasting that they can beat the Korean Choi Park duo with their Sun-Moon combo】

【Haven't even won a domestic trophy yet, and they're already claiming a world-class mid-laner, you guys really have the thickest faces!】

【Lieyang's fans are aiming for the stars, wanting to stand shoulder to shoulder with the sun?】

During a brief moment while pouring himself a glass of water, Xiao Wei saw a wave of negative comments flood the chat.

He frowned, took a sip, and said, "I'm good friends with Xiao Bai. Coming here to insult Xiao Bai, have you lost your minds? Mods, ban these trolls!"

Several moderators quickly acted, banning more than a dozen IDs.

Most of the online audience was quite friendly, with only a few trolls stirring trouble. Xiao Bai debuted from the Whale Platform, so he has a considerable fan base here. Seeing those few get banned, everyone was schadenfreude.

Xiao Wei opened the match live stream channel and began to commentate: "Binghun was the champion team last season. It won't be easy for Tianhuan to win today. I'll try to provide an objective commentary without favoring either side. If you think I'm biased towards Tianhuan and purposely putting down Binghun, you can watch the official live stream."

The chat quickly filled with comments saying 【We want to watch you】.

It's common for game streamers to commentate on major matches themselves. Some do it to ride on the match's popularity, while others, like Xiao Wei, a top streamer with tens of millions of followers, didn't need to chase the hype. They simply want to watch a particular match and chat about it with their viewers.

As the match was about to start and the players entered the booth, Tianhuan's team members plugged in their keyboards, and the camera gave a special feature to Cheng Xing and Qu Jiang's colorful keyboard duo in the bottom lane. Xiao Wei also adjusted his camera to focus on his own keyboard, telling his viewers, "This keyboard is indeed fancy and pretty to look at. I bought one with rainbow lights, haha, pretty cool."

Viewers: "……"

Fancy and pretty to look at?

As the official commentators began introducing the players, Xiao Wei muted their audio and started speaking into his mic: "On Binghun's side, the strongest player is the support. Chen Qianhua, undoubtedly a gold support! I've encountered him in ranked games before. As a professional marksman, coming across a support like Chen Qianhua, you'd feel like kneeling and calling him dad."