Chapter 168

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee

After the plane landed in Seoul, the organizers' staff were there ahead of time to pick up the participants. Since there was no mention of Chi Shuo among the members from the China region, the person in charge of the pick-up checked the list and didn't find his name. Chi Shuo voluntarily stepped aside from the group, stating that he would take a taxi by himself.

Ye Shaoyang looked at him with concern and asked, "Can you speak Korean? Is it okay to take a taxi alone?"

Chi Shuo replied, "I've already booked a cab in advance. You go to the hotel with everyone else, and I'll follow later."

Ye Shaoyang whispered, "Then, be careful. After all, this is a foreign country."

Ye Shaoyang was still very concerned about him, worried about him being alone abroad. In fact, this wasn't Chi Shuo's first time in South Korea; he was quite familiar with the place.

On the way to the hotel by taxi, Chi Shuo looked at the tall buildings outside the window, feeling a mix of emotions.

The last time he was in South Korea was six years ago when he was a trainee under Tianhuan, not officially debuted yet. There was an unofficial invitational tournament here with a high prize, and his master asked him to come along to broaden his horizons. It was Chi Shuo's first time traveling abroad, and his master was worried he might get lost, so he kept an eye on him.

Now, as the team captain and alongside his disciple, he accompanied Ye Shaoyang and Xiao Xing to participate in the competition.

Time flew by too fast; he was already 23 years old. The years from 17 to 23, being an esports player, would be the most memorable experience of his life.

Especially now that he had met Ye Shaoyang, he finally understood what it felt like to like someone.

Thinking about how Ye Shaoyang slept soundly leaning on him on the plane, Chi Shuo couldn't help but smirk slightly, feeling much better.

He used to think that when he retired, he would have nothing to do. But now with Shaoyang, after retiring, he could travel the world with him. As long as he had someone he liked by his side, nothing would seem boring.

The taxi soon arrived at the hotel, and the official pick-up car also just arrived. Chi Shuo saw Ye Shaoyang and the others in the hotel lobby following the team leader to check-in, while he went to the other side's front desk to check in.

The two exchanged a glance in the crowd.

Ye Shaoyang smiled at Chi Shuo. Just then, his phone rang. He looked down and saw a message from Chi Shuo: "I'm staying in Building B, 17th floor, room 1703."

Ye Shaoyang replied, "The players and staff from the China region are staying in Building A, 22nd floor. I'm in room 2219."

Building A and Building B were quite far apart.

But being in the same hotel, they could meet anytime.

Chi Shuo said, "I'll go put my luggage away first and then we can chat."

This hotel was the designated cooperative hotel for this year's World Invitational Tournament, with all the players from different countries staying in Building A, and Building B accommodating individual guests.

Chi Shuo went back to his room to put away his luggage. Soon, his phone rang again, and seeing the familiar profile picture of a little white cat made him feel warm: "I'm back in my room. The staff said there's a welcome banquet tonight. How about dinner for you?"