Chapter 148

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee

The victory in Tianhuan's first game not only gained the respect of competitors watching from behind the scenes but also greatly boosted the confidence of the team members. In particular, Old Qin, who managed to eliminate the enemy's mid-laner in two team fights, finally had a moment to shine.

A top-tier top laner should be able to advance and attack as well as retreat and defend.

When the team needs him to be a bodyguard, he can use tank heroes to withstand damage at the forefront, protecting his teammates. When the team needs him to deal damage, he can also take out the sharpest knife to quickly cut through the enemy's defenses.

As the "orphan of the top lane," often overlooked, Old Qin's performance as a warrior on the side lane was very good. This was also the result of repeated practice with Ye Shaoyang and Chi Shuo.

After a brief rest, the second game started quickly.

The Yueying team aggressively banned top lane heroes, directly banning common backline-cutting warriors like "Vampiric Duke" and "Willful Sword," clearly targeting the top lane.

Xu Zhou chose the "Berserker" for the top lane, a hero with extremely strong burst potential, fearless in solo battles in his enraged state.

Tianhuan followed with the selection of "Twin Blades of Agony", another warrior hero wielding dual swords, which requires complex operations. The dual swords can be thrown out and fly back, dealing damage twice to enemies on their path, with the second strike guaranteed to crit, thus requiring quick hand speed.

The commentator was somewhat surprised: "Old Qin's hero pool seems to have expanded? In previous matches, he only chose tank heroes like 'Man of Steel,' 'Holy Knight,' or 'Black Dragon Knight.' Today, he chose warrior top laners in two consecutive games?"

"After all, as a player who has competed for three years, it's impossible for him to only know a few tank heroes. He must be considering the team's needs and sacrificing some of his own style."

"That makes sense. A top laner who can't play warrior heroes is not a qualified top laner. Tianhuan is now on a three-game winning streak, and no matter how they play, they are sure to advance to the winners bracket, so Old Qin can let loose a bit and choose some heroes that show off his skills."

In the bottom lane, Cheng Xing also chose a marksman he doesn't usually play, "Godly Sniper". This hero requires aiming and sniping. Missing shots almost eliminates their team fight damage, but hitting them, especially once geared up, can easily cripple an enemy with a single shot.

Yueying's marksman chose "Machine Gun Huntsman," known for strong early game tower pushing.

After both sides finished selecting their heroes for the second game, the audience realized that Tianhuan's strategy was similar to the first game, focusing on withstanding pressure in the top and bottom lanes, with a utility mid-laner, a jungler needing to scale, and the main damage coming from top, jungle, and marksman. Ye Shaoyang focused on control.

Seeing this lineup, Xu Zhou immediately advised, "Don't fall for their trick again. This game, we won't focus on the top and bottom lanes; we'll go straight for the jungle."

In the first game, Yueying was fooled by what they thought were "weak points" in Tianhuan's top and bottom lanes, attempting to quickly take out the top laner or marksman to break through easily. However, after attempting to gank three times without success, always allowing the enemy to escape with a sliver of health, they inadvertently allowed Chi Shuo ample time to scale.