Chapter 169

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee

After having his meal, Ye Shaoyang returned to his room, powered up his laptop, and logged into the game with an alternate account. Just as he was about to send a message to Chi Shuo to invite him to log in, an invitation popped up on his screen as if by telepathy—a friend, "Jungler No. 8", invited him to join an arena room.

Using his alt, "Midlaner No. 7," Ye Shaoyang joined the room and turned on voice chat, asking, "I was just about to look for you, and here comes your invite. Have you been online all this time?"

Chi Shuo's deep and pleasant voice came through the microphone, "Yeah, I was watching some matches while waiting for you in the game. Log into QQ; I'll send you some video clips."

Ye Shaoyang logged into QQ, and Chi Shuo sent him several video files in succession, all titled "Tokuyama Takuya Match Footage", followed by numbers from 1 to 10.

Tokuyama Takuya, the Japanese player assigned to Group C, hailed from this year's championship favorite from Japan, the MOK team, serving as MOK's main jungler and also receiving a "direct recommendation" to the World Invitational.

Ye Shaoyang was not familiar with this player. The most famous jungler from Japan was "Fujita Naoya", whom he had encountered in international ranked matches, playing "Ninja" with divine skill. "Tokuyama Takuya" must be a newcomer who emerged in the last couple of years. Being the starting jungler for a powerhouse team, he obviously had some serious skills.

Chi Shuo said, "I've been studying Tokuyama Takuya's match footage from the regular season. His most-used hero is Ninja, followed by Stealth Rogue, Blood Stained Assassin, and King of Fighters, with fewer games played as heroes like Demon Hunter, and Sword God. The MOK team centers their strategy around the jungle; he prefers bursty assassins capable of one-shot kills."

Ye Shaoyang watched the clips sent by Chi Shuo, all edited to highlight Tokuyama Takuya's maneuvers in team fights, clearly showcasing his playstyle and habits.

Looking up official Japanese match footage from the regular season, recording, editing...

This was no simple task.

Had Chi Shuo been busy with this since returning to the hotel? More diligent than a coach, even.

With mixed feelings, Ye Shaoyang finished watching the edited footage, concluding, "Though he prefers busty assassins, his playstyle is cautious. He's patient when lying in wait in the bushes, preferring ambushes. This is a stark contrast to the aggressive playstyles of Zhao Xin'an and Mitchell. It's clear he's a very calm player."

Chi Shuo added, "Yes, assassins have high burst damage, capable of one-shot kills. The rules for individual matches favor assassins more. Be careful in tomorrow's match."

The rules for individual match victories were either to solo kill the opponent three times or destroy the opponent's crystal.

Given the high burst damage of assassins, Tokuyama Takuya was likely to aim for "solo killing three times”, quickly building critical strike gears to take Ye Shaoyang's head, winning after three kills.

Facing Tokuyama Takuya, there were two strategies: either withstand his early-game burst and look for opportunities to push and win in the late game or outburst him, aiming to secure three kills first.

Chi Shuo inquired, "Do you want to play the early game, or drag it to the late game?"

Ye Shaoyang replied, "I'm thinking of trying the early game. What do you think?"

Both spoke almost simultaneously, the synchrony pausing them for a moment before Chi Shuo's gentle voice responded through the headset, "Of course, that works. You play assasin mages exceptionally well, which is also high burst and need not fear other assassins."