Chapter 170

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee

At 2:30 PM, the S10 World Invitationals finally kicked off at the Seoul Esports Center.

This esports venue, capable of accommodating tens of thousands of spectators, was filled to capacity due to South Korea's developed esports industry and the immense interest in esports. Moreover, today's match featured the duo of Choi Hyuk and Park Wonseok, making the event even more sought after, with many fans holding up support posters and glow sticks for Choi and Park.

The second floor housed the players' resting area and the commentators' section, where official commentators from various countries had their own space for live broadcasting. For Yao Mu, who was commentating abroad for the first time, the presence of international commentators made her somewhat nervous. Qi Dongyu reassured her in a low voice, "Don't worry about the audience behind you, just treat this as a domestic game."

Taking a deep breath, Yao Mu smiled and nodded, indicating she was fine.

The two began their live commentary: "Good afternoon, dear viewers! We are live from Seoul, South Korea, at the S10 World Invitationals! I'm your official commentator, Dong Ge."

"And I'm your official commentator, Mu Mu."

"The World Invitationals officially starts at 2:30 PM today. This year's competition follows the same rules as previous year’s, featuring both duo and solo matches. Our players from the China region are only participating in the solo category this year. Although it's a bit disappointing, the players are in good shape, and we look forward to them achieving great results."

"The opening match this afternoon features the South Korean ATB team's Choi Hyuk and Park Won-seok duo, facing the European HER team's Pege and Arnold..."

Backstage, Ye Shaoyang arrived in the preparation room early.

Chairman Qiu secured a team consultant badge for Chi Shuo, who also accompanied everyone to the prep room.

Seeing the camera shots of Choi Hyuk and Park Won-seok, and the excited fans, Ye Shaoyang leaned in and whispered to Chi Shuo, "Putting the Choi-Park duo in the opening match shows the organizers have a lot of confidence in them. They're not worried about them messing up?"

Chi Shuo replied indifferently, "After all, they're considered the world's number one mid-jungle duo by the Korean media."

Ye Shaoyang chuckled, "True, for Korean fans, having their ace duo play the first match is indeed a great way to kick things off, quite prestigious."

The duo match was intense, with Choi Hyuk and Park Won-seok living up to the fans' expectations and winning the match 2:0 cleanly.

It was soon Ye Shaoyang's turn to play. He picked up his own keyboard and mouse, ready to head to the main stage. Chi Shuo stood up, looked him in the eyes, and said softly, "Good luck, I'm waiting for your good news."

Ye Shaoyang nodded at Chi Shuo, thinking, I won't let you down.

Xie Weiyu, Zhou Jiawen, and Cheng Xing also cheered for Ye Shaoyang. Chairman Qiu said, "Lieyang, you're the first player from our China region to compete. No matter win or lose, play well!"

Ye Shaoyang earnestly replied, "I know, I won't disgrace our China region."

He turned and walked towards the main stage, his steps steady and confident. Watching him go, Chairman Qiu remarked, "Lieyang's mindset is really good. It's his first time competing abroad, and he's not nervous at all?"

Chi Shuo's lips curled slightly, "He's laid-back, never gets nervous about anything."

Even when he was targeted, he remained calm, thanking the opponent with a smile after the targeting was done.