Chapter 163

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee 

The All-Star event of S10 set the highest viewership record in the league's history.

Previously, the All-Star matches were randomly grouped 5v5 tower pushes, similar to regular games, which often led to audience fatigue. This year, whether it was the existing entertainment modes like "Clone Battle" and "Border Breakthrough," or the newly introduced mode "Treasure Box Battle," the audience found them thoroughly enjoyable.

People discovered that the entertainment modes were actually more fun than ranked matches; encountering teammates who were not performing well didn't lead to frustration if they lost. During the All-Star event, the number of players in the entertainment matches noticeably increased, prompting the organizers to host some entertainment match activities.

At 10 PM, after having a farewell dinner at the hotel, the players returned to their respective teams.

Chi Shuo drove back to the base with Ye Shaoyang and Qu Jiang.

As they entered, Cheng Xing, Lao Qin, and members of the second team rushed downstairs to welcome them. Lao Qin chuckled, "This year we got three All-Star trophies, quite impressive. In previous years, our Tianhuan only had two."

Cheng Xing curiously asked, "Master, can I see your 'Life Winner' trophy?"

Chi Shuo handed it to him. Cheng Xing looked at the golden words "Life Winner" on the base and couldn't help but remark, "This trophy has such a profound meaning."

Ye Shaoyang passed his trophy to Cheng Xing, saying, "Do you want to see mine?"

Cheng Xing took it and saw the small inscription "Starlight Brilliance" and "S10 All-Star Commemoration" on the base. The design was identical to Chi Shuo's trophy, just silver.

Happily holding one trophy in each hand, Cheng Xing asked, "Do you want to display the trophies in the showcase or take them back to the dorm?"

Chi Shuo replied, "Let's put them in the showcase."

Ye Shaoyang agreed, "There's a cat in the dorm. My Xiao Bai is quite mischievous; he might accidentally knock over the trophy. It's safer to keep it in the showcase."

Chi Shuo, Ye Shaoyang, and Qu Jiang went to the showcase on the first floor of the Tianhuan team and placed the All-Star trophies on the second shelf. Ye Shaoyang glanced over the showcase; there were many All-Star trophies. Chi Shuo had participated in five sessions, and Qu Jiang had participated in three.

Qu Jiang smiled and introduced, "These trophies in this row are all Captain Chi's. Since his debut in S6, he hasn't missed a single All-Star session, and his popularity has always been high."

Each All-Star commemorative trophy had a different design: S6 was a deer, S7 was a bird. This S10 edition was a goddess figure, specially designed for the All-Star event, and looked quite exquisite. Chi Shuo had collected five of them, lined up together, which looked quite impressive.

But Ye Shaoyang knew that Chi Shuo didn't care about popularity or whether he could participate in the All-Star event. His biggest regret was always the empty space on the top shelf of the showcase.

— That spot was reserved for the World Champion trophy.

Sensing Ye Shaoyang's gaze towards the top shelf, Chi Shuo whispered, "The top shelf is just temporarily empty. I believe one day it will be adorned with a trophy."

Ye Shaoyang nodded, "I believe so too."

They exchanged a glance, and Ye Shaoyang shifted his gaze away, smiling, "Let's put this year's commemorative trophy in there as well. Collecting five might summon the Divine Dragon."