Chapter 173

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee 

Ye Shaoyang approached the soundproof room opposite him and briefly shook hands with Mitchell, who glared at Ye Shaoyang with a face full of resentment and said in his awkward Chinese, "Next time, I will definitely win against you!"

Mitchell's personality was that of never admitting defeat. It was said that when Zhou Jiawen had solo killed him twice in international matches, Mitchell persistently challenged Zhou for a month until he managed to even out their win rate to 50% before finally letting it go. Now, having been solo killed by Ye Shaoyang in a training match and lost to him again in the World Invitationals...

Mitchell had set his sights on Ye Shaoyang. Would he chase after Ye Shaoyang for a rematch?

Ye Shaoyang didn't mind being targeted by his opponent; for him, it was a form of motivation. He smiled and patted Mitchell on the shoulder, saying, "See you next time."

Mitchell retorted with frustration, "Let's have a one-on-one on the international server after the match!"

Ye Shaoyang replied, "No problem, we'll arrange it after the competition."

Back at the hotel, Chairman Qiu had a brief chat with Ye Shaoyang. The gist was, "Reaching the semi-finals has already met our expectations. Just relax in the upcoming matches; win or lose, it doesn't matter."

The chairman's words were meant to ease Ye Shaoyang's mind. Being the sole representative of the China region in the S10 semi-finals, Ye Shaoyang was under immense pressure and expectations. If he felt too stressed, it could lead to mistakes in his performance.

But Ye Shaoyang had always maintained a good mentality and was accustomed to such pressure.

Win or lose, it doesn't matter? That was just lip service.

He was determined to win!

Ye Shaoyang didn't attend the match that evening, instead staying in his hotel room with Chi Shuo, watching the live broadcast and discussing strategies. In a match between the European region's Vanessa and North America's Lambert, an assassin showdown, Vanessa emerged victorious with a score of 2:1.

The other two matches saw Kim Minjun and Han Chengyu advancing to the semi-finals.

This resulted in two players from Korea, one from the European region, and one from the China region making it to the semi-finals. The semi-final matchups would be determined by a draw, with the four players drawing either red or blue cards the next morning; those drawing the same color would face each other.

A staff member of the organizing committee, under the supervision of the notary office, brought the box to the four players, asking, "Who wants to go first?" Kin Minjun glanced at Ye Shaoyang, "Shaoyang, would you like to go first?"

Ye Shaoyang and Kin Minjun, having frequently competed in training matches and encountered each other on the international server, although meeting for the first time, were quite familiar with each other.

Without any hesitation, Ye Shaoyang nodded at him, stepped forward, and drew a card: blue.

Kin Minjun followed suit and drew a card, which was red.

The remaining two exchanged glances, with Vanessa drawing blue and Han Chengyu drawing red.

Vanessa looked at Ye Shaoyang with a smile that was not quite a smile, "Next match, it's you and me. Good luck, Omega player."

Ye Shaoyang responded, "You too, Alpha player."

Vanessa raised an eyebrow and, with a confident stride in her high heels, turned and left the meeting room. Her demeanor suggested she was very confident about the next match, determined to win.