Chapter 157

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee 

The first round of the treasure chest battle officially began.

Unlike the usual ranked matches where heroes are selected on the left and right sides of floors 1 to 5, in this treasure chest battle, there are three queues on the left, bottom, and right sides of the match room, each marked with red, yellow, and blue, while the center is an open pool of heroes.

After a countdown of 10 seconds, everyone simultaneously chose their heroes. Once a hero was chosen by someone else, it couldn't be selected again, so it became a race against time.

Ye Shaoyang watched the 10-second countdown, swiftly locking in the Abyssal Lord at the very moment the countdown ended. Xie Weiyu selected the Wind Nymph, Xie Yuan took the Blood Princess, Zhao Xin'an went for the Vampiric Duke, and Chen Qianhua chose the tank support, Radiant Shield.

The red team had prearranged their lineup, and all five of them swiftly grabbed their chosen heroes, confirming their selections almost within a second.

This lineup was very comprehensive, comprising tanks, warriors, mages, and marksmen, capable of both offense and defense.

On the blue team, Chi Shuo instantly locked in the Stealth Rogue, Yan Yan took the Ninja, Liu Luo, the captain of the Luoshendian, chose the Enchantress. Fang Zhengqing chose his signature hero, the Cobra King, and Zhao Xinping picked the warrior, Rose Blade.

Their lineup leaned towards fragility, lacking even a frontline tank. However, the burst damage from three assassins was incredibly strong, capable of eliminating targets in an instant. Assassins typically had multiple displacement skills, making them suitable for ambushes and guerrilla warfare.

On the yellow team, Qu Jiang selected the healing support, Forest Envoy, Li Yunmo took the protective support, Blessed Priest, Sean chose the Dark Witch, Xu Zhuo picked the Kung Fu Master, and Zhou Jiawen went for the Frost Goddess.

Once the three teams finalized their lineups, the analysis masters in the barrage area quickly began speculating on the outcome—

["I think the red team has the upper hand; their lineup is well-rounded!"]

["This isn't push-tower mode; surely the blue team has the advantage in grabbing the treasure chests, right? With three assassins, they can eliminate opponents quickly, snatch the chests, and escape before you can catch up!"]

["I actually think the yellow team is better. With a healer and a protector, they have a solid teamfight composition and strong sustainability. They can stick together as five."]

Upon seeing these lineups, Ye Shaoyang immediately spoke in the voice channel, "Let's avoid direct confrontation with the yellow team for now; they have healing and shielding. It'll take forever to kill them in teamfights."

Chen Qianhua added, "One shield, one healer, it's indeed too beefy."

Zhao Xin'an couldn't help but quip, "The blue team is pure squishiness, but they can go invisible! We need to watch out for assassins flanking us."

Ye Shaoyang said, "Later on, let's each only grab one chest; don't be greedy. Whoever holds too many chests will become a target."

In this battle for supremacy, if you carried four or five chests on you, it was akin to having a sign on your forehead saying "Come kill me, I'm fat." Lay low in the early game, then catch opponents off guard in the late game, wiping out entire teams and seizing their chests to secure victory.

"The early bird gets the worm," but Ye Shaoyang didn't want to be that "early bird."

The match began swiftly. As the map loaded, the 15 players spawned at the red, yellow, and blue respawn points, forming a perfect triangle on the map.