Chapter 145

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee

Ye Shaoyang, Xie Weiyu, and Chen Qianhua played the battle royale mode together and did not finish streaming until 1 a.m.

He said goodnight to his audience in the live stream, turned off the broadcast, and had just lain down in bed when a message popped up on his phone. It was from Chi Shuo: "Ready to go to bed?"

Ye Shaoyang was puzzled: "How did you know?"

Chi Shuo replied: "I was watching your stream. The border breakout mode looks quite interesting."

Ye Shaoyang laughed and said, "I think so too. The massive free-for-all battle is more fun than the fixed 5V5 tower push mode. But with equipment dropping randomly and the need to search for treasure chests everywhere, luck is also very important."

It was evident that Shaoyang really enjoyed playing tonight.

He could find true friends in the circle who cared for him, and Chi Shuo was happy for him.

Alphas tend to have a strong possessiveness over the Omegas they are committed to, but Chi Shuo did not want to interfere with Ye Shaoyang's friendships. Shaoyang's personality is like a little sun, easily winning the affection of those around him.

He would not obstruct the sunlight just to keep Shaoyang to himself.

Chi Shuo sent a voice message: "Get some sleep after you're done playing. I'll take you out for breakfast tomorrow morning. I found a breakfast place nearby with good reviews."

Ye Shaoyang asked curiously: "Did you download an app for finding good food?"

Chi Shuo: "Yeah. I don't want to eat at the hotel buffet. Let's go out and try some local breakfast specialties."

Ye Shaoyang replied: "Okay, goodnight Captain Chi!"

Actually, Chi Shuo was not picky about breakfast; milk and bread would suffice. However, during their last visit to Ya'an, Shaoyang mentioned he didn't like hotel breakfasts and wanted to try local food. He even took Chi Shuo to queue up for rice noodle rolls.

Chi Shuo kept that in mind.

Previously, his mind was only on competitions, never paying such attention to someone else. Daily details would enter one ear and exit the other, with everything about living handled by the team leader. But since falling for Shaoyang, Chi Shuo found himself unconsciously remembering Shaoyang's habits and preferences, as details about Shaoyang seemed magnified in his mind.

Liking someone, therefore wanting to treat them better, is natural.

Chi Shuo fell asleep thinking of Ye Shaoyang, dreaming beautifully.

Yet, Ye Shaoyang's dream was about the border breakout mode, where he, as the "Abyssal Lord", killed player after player, surviving till the end.

When they woke up the next morning, both were in a good mood.

Ye Shaoyang messaged Chi Shuo: "Are you up?"

Chi Shuo: "Yeah, washing my face."

Ye Shaoyang casually replied: "I'll go wash my face too. See you at the elevator in 10 minutes."

At 8 a.m., the two arrived at a breakfast place near the hotel.

Unlike the southern preference for rice porridge and rice noodle rolls, residents of Binghe City liked to eat steamed buns in the morning. The shop chosen by Chi Shuo mainly sold xiaolongbao (soup dumplings) and was very popular, with a long queue even early in the morning.