Chapter 135

Edited by - xiaoAnZheee 

In the evening after returning to the base, Coach Lin gathered everyone for a meeting, carefully analyzing the upcoming opponent for the next week.

While Houwen might not have the lengthy history like Tianhuan and Jingzhe, they've consistently made it to the playoffs since their establishment. With the addition of Zhou Jiawen, the team's strength has taken a step up.

Coach Lin said, "The core of Houwen is Zhou Jiawen but before his arrival, they always had a jungle-core lineup. So, the jungler's skill is also formidable."

Upon hearing this, Cheng Xing couldn't help but say, "Absolutely, when Qu Ge and I duo queued on the international server, Ah Yan caught us many times!"

Ye Shaoyang also recalled the name - Yan Yan, Houwen's jungler, who often practiced heroes in solo queue on the domestic server, claiming countless lives of marksmen.

Before Zhou Jiawen joined Houwen, Yan Yan was the absolute core. However, Zhou Jiawen, with his international-level skill, handsome looks, and charismatic personality, quickly overshadowed the veteran player Yan Yan. Now, when Houwen was mentioned, fans immediately thought of Zhou Jiawen.

Yan Yan didn't mind losing the spotlight; rumor has it that he  and Zhou Jiawen had a good relationship. With his skills being top-tier domestically, dealing with Houwen shouldn't be focused solely on the mid lane.

Chi Shuo said, "Houwen also coordinates between mid and jungle, but their tactics revolves around the mid laner, with the jungle following the mid's rhythm."

Coach Lin nodded, "Exactly, Yan Yan's playstyle is somewhat like the shadow forward tactic in football. In team fights, he positions himself between the top and mid lanes, acting as the 'shadow' for the mid, adapting quickly based on the situation. His main role is to assist the mid's offense and protect the mid during retreat. Therefore, Houwen's jungler often appears in the mid lane."

Ye Shaoyang understood, "It seems there's a strong understanding between Yan Yan and Zhou Jiawen."

Coach Lin said, "Yes, when facing Houwen, it's essentially a direct confrontation between mid and jungle core. It depends on which side has a stronger rhythm. The pressure on the bot lane isn't too significant. Houwen's marksman's skill is average."

Upon hearing this, Cheng Xing sighed in relief.

However, before he could fully relax, Coach Lin added, "But, Houwen's teamfight coordination is stronger than ours. This team excels in positional warfare, and it's challenging to break through their Flame Goddess-centered positional battle system."

Ye Shaoyang had watched all the matches from the previous season; indeed, Houwen's positional warfare system was formidable.

The Flame Goddess set up fire rings, the Trapper laid countless traps, and the Godly Sniper launched long-range bombardments. Opponents couldn't get close; they'd be severely killed, and then Houwen steadily advanced, taking down defense towers, inch by inch, occupying the jungle.

Coach Lin looked at Ye Shaoyang and Chi Shuo, "To crack Houwen's positional battle system, you two must collaborate to take down Zhou Jiawen. However, Zhou Jiawen is heavily protected, and you may not necessarily kill him. If that fails, let's ban the Flame Goddess."

Ye Shaoyang pondered for a moment with a bowed head and then suddenly said, "I have another idea."

Everyone turned to look at him.

He smiled, turning the pen in his hand, and said, "Walk the opponent's path, make them have no way out - let's snatch Houwen's favorite positional battle system and use it ourselves. I can also play the Flame Goddess."