Measurements

It was about six in the evening when Azu ran back up the steps to Jel's shop; and when she did, she was a little surprised to find Tish and Reth there as well, eating dinner with him at his counter.

"Oh, Azu!" Tish was the first one to notice her, waving happily as both Reth and Jel looked up from what they were doing. "Jel was just showing me the sketches of the outfit you wanted!"

Azu rose a brow at that, walking over to them as she chuckled. "Already? Can I see?"

"Of course..!" Jel smiled, waving her over and turning the pages around for her to see them; eager to know if any of them were to her liking.

She paused when she joined them, though, sending Reth a small apologetic smile as she stopped at the counter. "Sorry I never made it back to the Inn by the way. I did want to see you, but I got hyperfixated on getting my house built."

"Hey, I get it-" Reth lifted his hands in mock surrender, laughing a little. "Besides, Ashura told me what was up when he mentioned you'd bought the recipe for a sawmill off of him."

"I'll make it up to you, Trouble." she giggled at him.

Reth's eyes widened a bit at the callback, laughing off the way his stomach twisted into a knot as he rubbed his neck. "Sure, sure.."

Azu didnt think much of it, turning to look at the concept sketches that Jel had made for her. She rose a brow at some of the designs, smiling wistfully as she glanced up to meet his eyes. "You got all of this from 'a long coat'??"

Jel flustered a little under her smile, and chuckled back at her as he, too, reached up to rub his neck. "Well- Yes.." he settled on, deciding not to tell her that certain aspects of the design were in order to make sure she could move as freely as he had seen her moving earlier in the day. He didnt want to sound like a creep.

"This one* is something I'd wear; I like the addition of the harness and extra bags. It'll come in handy when I start venturing out to Bahari Bay for longer hunts." she hummed, eyeing one of them a bit closer as she picked it up. "I love the boots, too; never thought I'd be seeing thigh highs again."

"Wonderful!" Jel smiled with a hint of pride, taking the sketch as she handed it back to him. As he glanced at which one she'd chosen, he tried not to let himself get shy. It was certainly the most risque of the looks he had drawn up, the coat she had asked for being paired with a wrap-style top with a low cut, both to be held in place by belts and buckles rather than any lacing, as well as what would have to be skintight pants in order to make sure she could wear the thigh highs she seemed so keen on fitted over them. It would look good on her, though.. "If you'd like, we can get started on taking your measurements-"

"I'll let you finish eating first, Jel~" Azu interrupted him with a laugh, reaching into her bag to pull out a snack of her own. "Besides, Tish got on me about remembering to eat earlier too, and I just finished chopping down a bunch of trees to replace the wood I used for my place." she hummed, starting to much on a couple of grilled mushrooms.

"Is that really all you've been eating?" Tish piped up, giggling a little.

"No, I did make a few grilled sernuk steaks, but those didnt last long because I was busy and hungry~" Azu laughed along, enjoying the peacefulness of the moment with them.

"So you've really just been running all over the valley, huh? I admire your stamina, haha."

"Well, the way I see it, the people here have been kind enough to provide me with tools, and heck, even land; the least I can do is put it to good use. Never woulda happened in my first life.."

Jel rose a brow, picking up on the underlying somberness in her tone. He didnt want to pry, though; so instead, he settled on asking a question about her, instead. "Is there anything you enjoy more so than other tasks?" he hummed, genuinely curious.