Taking Care

It was nightfall when they finally heard her groan again; Reth and Jel sitting up straight from where they had been holding each other, waiting for her to wake up. They both moved closer to her cot as her eyes started to open; Reth reaching out to take her hand as Jel rubbed her thigh, both of them furrowing their brows.

"Babe..? How are you feeling..?" Reth murmured as she looked around hazily; sighing a little in relief when her eyes settled on them and she smiled.

"Hey..~ I'm okay baby.." she took a deep breath, closing her eyes again for a moment as she gauged how much pain she was still in; almost none, aside from a dull throb in her side; before sighing and squeezing Reth's hand as she smiled. "You can relax you two. I just need some recovery time.."

"Yes, and we're going to be staying with you to make sure you dont push it." Jel sighed, squeezing her thigh worriedly as he looked at her.

"You dont need t-"

"Yeah, we arent leaving your side until you're fuckin' healed." Reth scoffed, shaking his head and sending her a disapproving glare when she opened her eyes to look at him again. "You're crazy if you think we will. Chayne already talked to Ashura for me, and Zeki saw you collapse so he better fuckin just get it because Im not leaving you-" he choked up a little as his eyes filled with tears, his hand shaking a little as it clutched hers tighter. "..That terrified me; I-I couldnt tell how bad it was and I-"

"Shhh, I'm sorry-" Azu groaned a little as she forced herself to sit up, rolling her eyes when they both tried to stop her and using Reths shoulder to pull herself up to hold him. "Im sorry baby. I didnt mean to scare you.." she breathed, reaching out to find Jel's hand and lace her fingers with his. "I didnt want the two of you to worry, I'm sorr-"

"Why are you comforting us-?" Reth groaned a little as he gently held her, being careful not to agitate the wound on her side even if Kenyatta had wrapped it. "Just let us worry about you, damn it..!"

Jel furrowed his brow at the two of them, sighing softly as he reached over with his open hand to rub Reth's back. "I have to agree, my love; you shouldnt be apologizing for that, we're supposed to worry when you get hurt; we're your boyfriends." he frowned at her, catching the tears that gathered in the corners of her eyes. "Let us return the care you give to us all the time, my muse; you need it right now, and we are right here.."

Azu and Reth both let a shaking breath as Jel unknowingly quoted her, and she squeezed the chef a little tighter as she swallowed her nerves, and nodded. "..Okay. Okay...it'd be nice, staying home with you two for a few days.." she murmured, resting her head on Reth's shoulder.

"Good, because it wasnt optional." Reth huffed again, giving her a kiss on her ear while Jel moved to grab the spare wrap style shirt that Chayne had gotten for her, before he'd left for the night to help Kenyatta explain why she'd missed her studies. He let go of her so that Jel could help her into it; gathering up her coat and bags, which had been brought back from the square by Miles when they'd come back with Tish to eat with them.

As soon as she was dressed, Jel turned to take them from him though; folding the coat neatly and slinging the bags over his shoulder, before picking up her ruined shirt, as well. Which let Reth turn to pick Azu up again, carefully holding her bridal style as he lifted her off the cot and glanced down at her.

Azu was blushing a little, as he started to carry her out after Jel like she was a princess; resting her head on his shoulder to try and hide it. It felt nice that they both wanted to take care of her, too; even if it made her feel a little strange. She'd gone through things like this so many times on her own that it was...odd, letting them do everything for her. She felt spoiled..