Scars

/// TRIGGER WARNING!!! MENTIONS OF MAJOR BODILY HARM, ABUSE, HOMELESSNESS AND NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! ///

It was only about ten minutes after the Daiya's had left, that there was another knock on the door; making Reth raise a brow as he huffed and looked down at Azu, who was laying across both of their laps on the couch. "Why are you so popular?"

"Prooobably because I am a gracious human and I've helped a lot of people with a lot of things~" Azu giggled, shifting her legs off of Jel's so that he could get up to answer it.

"Sissy~! Im back~!"

Jel rose a brow as Miles called from the door before he could even get up, inviting herself inside. He chuckled and just set back down; grabbing Azu's legs and bringing her back onto his lap, starting to gently trace patterns onto her thighs again; as he'd been doing, since the Daiya's had departed at around 6:30, to go and make dinner..

"Oh its just you~" Azu giggled, sticking her tongue out at Miles as she came into the room. "Nai'o and Kenyatta still busy?"

"Yeah, but I figured I'd get a head start and come bug you; they'll be here after they finish their work~" Miles giggled as she sat down in one of the armchairs, raising a brow at the three of them, before meeting Azu's eyes. "How are you really holding up?"

"Im really okay, sis; other than being restrained to this couch, Im good. This isnt as bad as some of the other ones were, I promise.." she chuckled; holding back a frown at the feeling of Jel squeezing her leg when the topic of her past injuries got brought back up. She felt a little bad, still; knowing that it tore him up inside, knowing she'd been hurt much more than this...she knew keeping it from them would just make it worse, though.

"It's definitely gonna scar though, isnt it?"

"Gotta start my new mosaic somehow~" Azu let out a dry chuckle at the old joke; shaking her head at the thought of how her skin used to be littered with them.

"Mosaic?" Jel furrowed his brow, sharing a concerned glance with Reth before he looked at Miles. "What does that mean?"

Miles' smile got tense; and she shot Azu a questioning glance, only relaxing when the azurette sighed and nodded.

"Its okay; I told them about being a runaway.."

The younger of the two sisters sighed a little in relief, nodding and shifting to smile with a bit of melancholy at the two men. "When I met Azu in our first life, she already had a whole bunch of scars all over her body; some of them way bigger than others, but they were always shades of pink on her; and I used to say all the time they were so pretty, at least to me, until eventually we just started calling it her mosaic. If only I had the old photos; she looked like some kind of warrior queen, back then."

"Dragon, Azuriela.." Jel hissed a little, unable to even try and imagine her body covered in so many scars without tearing up.

Reth had tensed a little, too; the thought making him swallow, even if he was more curious as to what she must've looked like, with all of those scars..

Miles chewed on her lip for a moment before taking out a pen; sending her sister a little smirk as she waved it. "I remember most of them, I can totally draw them~"

"Nooo, dont expose me!" Azu pouted, glaring up at her when Miles let out a gremlin giggle and started to anyway, coming over to snatch one of her arms and start drawing along the lines of where her scars used to be; starting with the very obvious claw marks that used to litter her forearms, from fending off animals..

Jel didnt like how long it took her just to finish drawing along that one arm; practically creating a sleeve tattoo on Azu's skin of odd little lines and outlined gashes, and taking a suffocating few minutes to do so before he couldnt stop himself from crying a little anymore, eyeing them all. "H-How many did you have..?" he breathed, meeting her eyes as Miles crouched to start drawing odd looking, ragged scratches on her shoulder.