Making Space

By the time Jel had finished his work with the embroidery on Reth's new apron, it was nearly one in the afternoon; making him furrow his brow a little as he looked at the clock, realizing that Azu should have been back to get him for lunch by now. When he thought back to his interaction with Miles a couple of hours earlier, though, he wondered if she'd gotten distracted too; working on whatever project the three girls were constructing over in Tish's shop..

He had to wonder what it was, as he stood up to head over and check for himself if she was there; but none of the guesses he'd made along the way would prepare him for what he found as he walked into the furniture store. He found the three of them over behind Tish's register, working on upholstering a mattress that was wider than all three of them standing shoulder to shoulder and nearly as long as he was tall; Tish and Azu hurriedly sewing from either end while Miles strained to hold things in place for them.

"Please tell me you two are almost done-!" Miles huffed a little as her hands started to get sore from holding one position for almost an hour now, pinching ends of the fabric together while they worked on finishing the stitching everything together.

"About two thirds of the way there Miles!" Tish giggled back, even if her eyes didnt stray from her work and Azu's only response was a chuckle.

The three girls didnt even notice Jel as he walked over to them, giving him time to see the equally huge wooden bedframe in the corner that they must have completed first; furrowing his brow a little when he glanced up to look at them. "What's all this..? Do the three of you need another pair of hands?"

Azu looked up at him, and then at the clock, before sheepishly smiling as she met his eyes; giggling a little as she paused in her work to respond. "We're okay, but thank you~ Sorry baby I'm almost ready to go to lunch; we're making a bigger bed for my place and its taking longer than we thought~" she winked at him as she laughed warmly, turning back to her stitching to hurry up.

"Its okay~ I dont mind waiting.." Jel had to blush a little as he smiled shyly, coming to lean against Tish's counter as he watched them work; he knew exactly why she might want a bigger mattress. It made him feel unbelievably warm when he realized that she wouldnt have needed a bigger bed if she hadnt been serious about what she'd said a few days prior. It was one thing for her to say that they were welcome in her space; but it was another thing entirely to be making space for them to be there. It made him feel so loved and special, knowing she wanted them in her home, enough to make things more comfortable for them to stay..

It took the girls another fifteen minutes to finish up, Tish making the final ending stitch and letting out a little giggle as they finally set their supplies aside and Azu helped her lift the mattress onto the bedframe. "There~! Now I can handle the blankets and pillows on my own, so you can go see my brother before he starts worrying~" she grinned at the aqua haired human woman, resting her hands on her hips. "I'll see the three of you at Jel's shop later, right?"

"Definitely!" Azu laughed as she gave both of the little sisters a hug, pulling Miles into it too as she grinned. "Thanks you two, I'll see you later~" she hummed, squeezing them for a moment as they said their goodbyes, before letting of of them and turning to take Jel's hand, lacing their fingers together as she looked up at him. "Let's go see our Troublemaker~" she giggled; admiring the way Jel smiled for a moment before she lead them out of the shop again, heading back over to the inn.

Jel felt so weightless, walking with her; he couldnt stop smiling when he thought about how now, not only her words but her actions too, were inviting them to stay with her; her promise of each of them having a key to her place soon, being allowed to come and go whenever they please, suddenly seeming much more serious.. It made him feel as giddy as a schoolboy having his first kiss, but this happiness felt so much more whole than that sort of puppy love; it was unlike anything he'd ever experienced. It made him wonder for a moment, if this was what authors were describing when they wrote about true love..