Ch. 2 - Stuck

Enjoy!

You were absolutely disgusted by Daniel and his actions towards you. He's a cat-caller. A fuckboy. Worse than he was in middle school, and his self-esteem rose like a cake in the oven. "I can't believe he did that," you shook your head, talking to Phil, who was walking with you to the next class.

"The way Daniel smiled at you, yeah, so rude." Phil rolls his eyes, smiling. His sarcasm disturbed you. "Next time I catch him doing that—ooh—he's gonna get it."

You shove his arm, not able to hide your smile. "Well, fuck you too."

"Jesus, Y/N, you don't usually cuss like this."

"You're hilarious," I say back. Phil rolls his eyes and chuckles.

"I honestly don't know why you're so surprised." He nods toward the boy you speak of. You look to your side to see Dan and his friends laughing about. He caught your eye from the distance you two stood and he winked in your direction. "Lord, they're pigs."

"Tell me 'bout it," you agree. Passing the group, you look away and stop in front of your next class. "So, what is this," you ask, looking at the door.

"Uh..." Phil looks at his schedule and back up at the door. "It's biology."

You shrug, taking the door handle and pulling it to walk into the class. "It might be fun, trust me. We're in the same class, we can be partners," Phil gestures you to a seat as he sits in one next to you, listing the fun classroom activities. "Plus, the classes aren't long today, no assignments, first day of school just allows you to know your teachers, your classes, etcetera."

You shake your head, not wanting to believe the fact that this year will be boring and full of work— even if that's the exact opposite of what Phil was saying. "Mhm."

"And minimum days like these— forty minutes? Maybe thirty, I'm not sure."

"At least the short days have me not so stressed."

"So far." Phil cuts you off. "Then Dan is in some classes, no?"

"Oh, my god." You hear an unknown voice. You turn to the direction you heard it from and raise your eyebrows.

"You have classes with Daniel Howell?" The girl asks, lowering her voice when she mentions the name.

"You got all that from Dan?" Phil response. You hit his chest with the back of your hand and you grin at the girl.

"Sorry- yeah, Dan is a... friend of ours."

"Everyone's obsessed with him," the girl shrugs.

Phil and you look at each other, facial expressions in disgust and confusion. You actually wanted to laugh. This wasn't the Dan you knew.
You turn back at the girl.

"He's a jerk, honestly. He'll make out with girls till he gets bored, he'll sexually harass you 'til you cry. He's in my first class and he groped my ass before he left. He's a total pig, you won't like him."

"Tell that to the girls who drool over his dimples," she laughs.

The bell rings. As everyone stands up to go to their second period, Phil and yourself look at each other, then back at the girl. "We better head out," Phil smiled warmly at the person.

She stands up to get her bag, "well, I'll see you around." She holds out her hand for you to shake it. Confused, you hold up yours, taking her hand. She smiled and left, her long, ironed curls bouncing as she walks out.