Ch. 57 - Safe In Your Arms.

Photo; they're pretty

#crapofachapter #itaketoolong #sorrynotsorry #dilwithit #ishouldstop #kEnjoy

Third Person POV.

Your parent(s), being at polite as they possibly can for your guest, they just stayed in their own room as Daniel and you went to yours.

Phil has gone home and here are the two of you laying on your bedroom floor; heads facing opposite ways as you both look up at the ceiling. Talking.

"Look, babe, who ever thought to make up over five hundred Pokémon cards?" He chuckled, waiting for you to respond.

"I know. You like those Pokémon games, huh?"

"Mmhm," he nods. "You know what else I like?"

"What?"

"Cheesy jokes." You role your eyes at his reply, "Also you."

Glaring at him playfully, you decide not to hit his arm as a loving thing. Bruises happen to be in places your forget have them, so it was a wise choice.

"You know what song that's really... I don't know, speaking to me right now?"

"Hm?" You question, kind of afraid of the answer.

"Car Radio."

"Ahh... twenty one pilots, I see." You nod, agreeing with him.
The song says that his car radio was stolen and without noise distracting him, he ends up overthinking.

This was definitely him at the moment.

"You get it?" He murmurs, playing with the nails on his fingers. Still able to hear him with the silence around the room, you nod.

"Earlier when you were listening to your iPod, Phil and I were texting; saying that we didn't want to disturb you. You just seemed to be in a happier place, you know?"

"Yeah. Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying." He smiles, turning his head towards yours —facing you. "I'm glad we met early and not later like freshman year."

"Why?" You stare back at him, turning your head.

"Because I think that we'd hate each other now; when I need you most. Instead you're here now and I'm grateful for it." He smiles.
Seeing him sit up, you do the same; adjusting around to face him.

Now sitting in front of each other, your eyes met.
His hand slowly touched your knee as he scooted closer to you.
This time you didn't feel as scared.
You didn't want to kick him in the groin or slap him till he left.
You wanted him to do what he wanted. You wanted him to feel confident with you and not worry about getting hurt.

Realizing now, he has gotten closer. His hand moved to your thigh and up your arm —your foreheads against each other's.
"Y/N," he whispered. "I love you. And I'm so grateful that I can be here with you." You nod, listening to his thoughts. "I just want to be able to show it without you... throwing me down."

You chuckle at his opinion. "Honey-"

"No, I'm serious," he assured, leaning his head away from yours, getting sensitive. "I want to! I feel safe in your arms!"
He sighs, "I know it should be the other way around.
"Other girls, they wanted me but I didn't want them! They didn't understand and almost forced me till I just had enough and broke up with them... This time you're the one rejecting me. And I love it, to be honest." He laughed. "But... now I'm serious. I'm ready. And-... I know we're only sixteen and that's a bit early at age but, Y/N, I'm ready."

He loved you.
The only people standing in his way is you and his dad.
Your parents had nothing to do with your love life so it wasn't a big deal.
But Dan's is.
So much trouble can go into it.

"Daniel-"

"Y/N, no, you need to know-"

"I know, Dan, I do! I love you too and I feel the same! But... your dad."

Silence.

He didn't care. He didn't want to say it but he didn't.

"If it mattered I wouldn't be here right now." He mumbled.

Thoughts fly through your head.
You wanted to kiss him.
You want to show him that it'll be okay.
He will be okay.

His lips were taunting you.

Deciding what to do, you pulled his head towards yours and kissed him.
Eyes closed, you didn't care about your surroundings. He, obviously, didn't either.
Taking your head, Dan kissed back as his fingers brushed against your head with his left —dominate hand. His right sliding up your leg and to your side; over your shirt, obviously keeping your space.

He was being polite about it.

You both pulled away, slightly out of breath.
"I wish-" Dan started, though you cut him off with your own words.

"I know."
You two were holding each other.
Again, the presence wasn't awkward.

Everything about him was perfect.
Hell, his imperfections were perfection.

"Dan..."

"Hm?"

"I love you. And I will keep this safe."

His head lifted to see your face, "What'd you mean?"

"Your dad. He's just gonna have to deal with us."
Daniel is precious and sensitive, as you have learned in the past few months.

He is yours and your job is to keep him safe.

Safe in your arms.