Ch. 3 - Deal

You sit down in your new seat and set your notebook on your desk. You could feel the breath of Dan against your skin as he leans too close to you. "What up, babe," he greeted you with an annoying wide grin plastered onto his face. "You like roller coasters? How about that log ride at Disneyland," Dan teases. You look at him, obviously irritated and glare. "If so, you can come to my D-Land and ride my log," he winks at you.

"How many babes have you used that one on?"

"One. Wait... none."

You roll your eyes, trying to ignore him, but he doesn't take the hint.

"So, a little birdie told me that you like drama," he lifted an eyebrow in question, which made your stomach turn. "And not the good kind."

"Oh, God. You're going to fuck me up in auditions, aren't you?"

"What? Never," he throws his hands in the air, as if you offended him. "How could you ever think that? I actually like to act, myself."

You stare at him questionably, "really?"

"Sure! As a matter of fact, I think I should be worrying about you screwing up my audition," you roll your eyes, not caring about his thoughts.

But what if he does screw you up? You begin to feel anxious. "You really think you would get in?"

"Oh, come on, hon. With my good looks and sexy voice, I'm a definite panty-dropper."

"Okay, that's disgusting," you stare back at him. "Don't call me hon. And I will definitely be able to make it through, with or without your help."

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that." Dan kicks his feet up onto his desk.

"Phil thinks I'd be perfect for a Romeo and Juliet play at the end of the year," Dan brushes your statement away.

"Phil thinks a lot of things."

"Oh, whatever. I'm so good, all of the guys wish they were Romeo just to have me hold their hand." You fake your confidence.

"Really? Do you imagine that regularly? Am I one of them?" He scoffed.

You sit back in your seat and glance at Phil, who seemed rather lonely sitting so far from his best friend.

"Hey, guys, there's a bathroom break between this block, so you're able to go out in the five minutes you've got to do whatever." the substitute explains.

Dan looks at you and winks, making the "smack" sound with his teeth as he clicks his fingers. You stand up, walking to Philip. "You totally left me," he whined.

"Sorry. Mr. Dapper wanted to move me with Daniel to make him a better student." You roll your eyes at the sentence, remembering how your heart dropped to your stomach when you heard so.

"Who knows if he'll change. He's been like that for years." He rolls his eyes. It's only true- if he's not going to change his attitude from middle school, what will make him change his attitude now?

"Yeah. I'll be back. I think I feel some static electricity from siting back there."

"It's the chemistry in the air. Also, you look like Albert Einstein," your best friend teases.

"Shut up," you joke back, stepping out of the class. Though, you hear Dan's and his friend's voices in the distance. You stop and listen.

Sex, drugs, cigarettes, etc., and your name- repeatedly.