Ch. 29 - Should'a Could'a Would'a.

"Y/N," Sydney shouts, trying for your attention. Sharply turning your head towards her as you're sitting by Phil, she smiles. "Would you come here for a second?"

Standing up, you walk over to her. "Yeah?"

"So you were with Mr. Howell last night—"

You groan, irritated over the rumor going around. "Miss, I wasn't doing anything with Dan, it's all just lies."

"Oh, no, sweetie, I wasn't talking about that." Your cheeks redden and you look away from Sydney. "Besides, I know you would never. I was just checking if you've gotten your work done with your partner," she smiles sweetly.

You sigh, relieved. "Great. Yeah, yeah, I practiced his timing and he got under fifteen seconds."

"Great. Oh, and don't listen to all the rumors. I understand that it makes you feel bad, so, I'll allow Philip to stay and comfort you," she pats your shoulder, walking away.

As you get back to Phil on the bench, you lay down, having your head on his lap as he strokes your hair. "I don't feel well," you sigh.

"It's alright. Don't worry about the rumors. Probably some girl made it up to prevent you from dating Dan."

You look into his eyes, "can I ask you something?"

"Sure, snowflake."

"Now, be honest," you start, sitting up and turning towards him. "Did you do it?"

"Make that rumor? Y/N, why would I do that?"

"I don't know, to prevent me from Dan. Did you?"

You can see his eyes shimmering. As a child, Phil was known for being sensitive. Tearing up if his mum said no or if he did something wrong. So being blamed by his own best friend wasn't the cherry on top of the situation.

"Y/N, do you really think I would do this to you? I love the idea of you two together, I truly do, but I'm protective over you and him. But to ruin you like this?" You can hear it in his voice that he's trying his hardest not to cry or tear up.

"Phil, I'm sorry," you wrap your arms around his neck as he hugs back tightly. "My mind is just spinning and I can't think straight and I just—"

"It's fine," he smiles.

After letting go, Dan walks up to you. His eyes puffy and nose a bit pink. "Y/N—"

"She doesn't want to talk to you right now," Phil glares.

"But I—"

"We know that your little group of friends wanted you to get with her and leave like you did to everyone else, but it's over." You hide your face in Phil's chest, sniffling.

I don't think Daniel did it. You wonder to yourself. But who would say this?
I kissed him. That's it. Nothing happened.

"Daniel, Y/N, we need you," Sydney smiles. Getting up, you wipe your eyes and smile at Phil, showing him that you'll be back and everything will be fine.

Getting to the stage, Sydeny nods at you, letting you know to take over for your job.

"Alright, beginning narrator, up here," you shout as teens scatter around, left and right. "Daniel, you will have your costume on and everything and remember your actions," he gives a thumbs up.

"Wow, Y/N, your so demanding," the same girl from that day commented. The one who called him Danny.

She's quite tan with long, blonde hair. "Is that how he likes it," she giggles.

Sighing, you turn away from her and rub your temples. She's just a slut who knows nothing good to herself. She wants me to feel bad.

"Oh, come on, Trish, can't you just give it a break?" Dan sighs, turning towards her.

"Why? Was she just not good enough?"

Your nose burning again, you turn towards Phil who was trying to calm you down with his motion of breathing in and breathing out.

"Trisha Paytas! Office, please," Sydney shouts, quickly walking over to her.

Hiding your face in your hands, you groan. "Y/N, would you like me to notify your mother on the situation," the teacher asked, nonchalantly.

"No, it's not that big of a deal. Leave her be."

Dan walks up to you and handles your shoulder. "No, Dan. Don't touch me," you shuffle away towards Phil, sounding as if you were whimpering. He sighs, turning to the back of the stage and grabbing his backpack. As you sit down by Phil, you groan, "I can't do this."

"Yes you can, my snowflake," he assure you, kissing your forehead.

-

"I don't know how to handle this shit," you cry into your best friend's pillow.

You were at his home, crying your eyes out as his mother was away. "I just don't understand what I did to deserve this."

"Y/N, it's okay. To be honest, most of the school thinks Trisha made it up. I mean, she is jealous of you."

Quickly perking up, you face Phil. "That's quite a funny joke. Really, stop, I can't take it," you say sarcastically. "How can she be jealous of me?!"

Philip shrugs and goes back to his homework. "You have what she doesn't."

Opening your mouth to protest, the doorbell interrupts. "If it's my mum, tell her that I stubbed my toe really bad," you notify him as he walks out the room.

You can hear the door open and muffling of noises. Hearing some shouts here and there, you start to get worried. Walking out of the room, you hear someone calling your name.

Dan?

Jogging out of the hallway and into the living room, you peak your head out the open door to find Dan outside and Phil holding the door open.

"Can I help you," you ask with an irritated tone.

"Y/N, listen to me. I know who did it— it was Trisha and she admitted it to the teacher," he smiled. "It wasn't me who said something and you—" he breaths out, "You should run into my arms and shower me with love and... help me with my shit," he hopes aloud, holding his arms out for an embrace.

You shake your head, hanging onto Phil's arm. "No. No, I have to think about it." His face drops quickly. "It's already a problem with the attention you give me, it'll be worse if we're together more often."

"But, I still need help with my acting and time—"

"You're time is fine and you're acting is perfect," you sigh. "I just need some time to think."

He opens his mouth to say something but quickly shuts it. "I'll see you around."

"Bye," you smile, allowing Phil to shut the door.

As you turn to his couch, you plop onto it with a big sigh. "Maybe it's for the best," Phil shrugs, sitting down next to you.

You sigh, "I guess."

"If he really wants you and he really needs you in his life," Phil plops next to you, "then I think he would make a grand entrance and tell the whole school that he loves and wants you."

You look up at him and smile. "Do you respect him?"

He looks down, "I think so." Phil then smiles and pushes your head towards him to kiss atop of, his way of showing care.

"At least I have something to be happy about. It just happened later than it could've."

"Should'a, Could'a, Would'a," Phil laughs.