Ch. 13 - Day of ze Play

"Come on, everyone, students are rushing in," Sydney exclaims, everyone running around the blackbox.

"You'd think she'd have everything under control, right," Phil whispers in your ear.

"I guess. Considering that she's the teacher that runs this joint," you shrug, and get into boss mode. "Okay, everyone who's going first, stand on this end," you whisper-shout. "Phil, could you be the one to pull the curtain up?"

Phil looks at you with a "Really?" question to his face.

"Please? Everyone else is busy," you plead. He then sighs and walked over to the rope.

"Okay, Dan," you call, going towards him. "You know when to go, right?"

"Yup," he nods.

"And you know your lines?"

"Mm-hm," he licks his lips.

"And you-"

Dan grabs your shoulders, "Y/N. Please. I know what to do." He smirks, "you need to relax."

"Okay," you nod. "I'm trusting you!" You say, walking away. "Oh," you turn back around, facing Dan, getting your attention. "Show me that you're angry," you remind him, smiling.

"Y/N," you hear your name being called and you turn to see the teacher, Sydney. "How's your side?"

"All ready, they know what to do and when to go," you assure her.

"Thanks, Y/N, I knew I could count on you," Sydney smiles.

You nod and walk over to Phil, "how ya doing?"

"Well, a boy just walked over to me and asked why I was in his spot as he got super angry, but other than that, I'm doing great," he laughs.

"Cool, well, if someone has that job then come stand with me, you're in charge of this too."

After Sydney introduced the play to all the students, it was time to let go of the actors.

"Okay, nerd is walking out stage... bullies, go," you command as Daniel and the others jog out to the stage.

"Hey, train-tracks," Dan laughed as he high-fives the other bullies.

I guess it does look cooler with the whole group, you thought.

"I bet you've gotta tick-tack for that, don't you?" The audience laughs.

-

After the bully scene, Daniel and the crew went to go change out of their outfits (which consisted of a white shirt and a red tie) as you and Phil stand behind stage.

"You know, Phil, you didn't do too bad," you complement him.

"I only didn't mess up because I had absolutely nothing to do with the play," he laughed.

"You helped Dan with his bully acting."

"No, I just got you two closer together," he exclaims, holding up one finger. "At your guys' wedding, you will make a speech thanking me for how awesome I did at getting you two together."

You pat his back and smile at him, "the only thing I'll be doing at my wedding is getting married. You don't get a speech."

"Hey. They don't call me The Love Doctor for nothing," he laughs.

"No one calls you that, Phil," Daniel walks by, budding into the conversation.

"Shut up, they're gonna announce the cast," you say, getting excited.

"The cast of a crappy play, who gives a shit?" Dan shrugs, wiping his forehead with a hand towel.

"You will when they call your name," Phil notes.

"We'd like to thank our wonderful cast, let's start with the Bullies played by Daniel Howell." The audience applaud at the sound of Dans' name as he jogs out to the front of the stage. "Helped out by Y/Full/N and Philip Lester!"

"Come on," you whisper, pulling Phil's wrist entering the center from the curtain as the crowd applauds.

-

"I don't know, it's just really disgusting," Phil says as the two of you walk home. "Maybe it's the fact that it's being sold in a spray can. Who eats cheese from a spray can?" Phil asks, shaking his head in disgust.

"I don't know, Phil, I don't know."

"I see these guys on YouTube who I really like! What are their names.. SMOSH?"

"Yeah, what about them?"

"I don't know, they're really funny! Maybe one day they'll be big enough to make a movie," Phil laughs.

"You really think so? They're that good?"

"Yeah! Maybe some day we will meet and become best friends. Of course, with you as my trusty sidekick."

"Oh, I'm the sidekick now?" You ask, raising your eyebrows.

"You always will be," Phil laughs. "I'm sorry, Y/N. It's for your own good."