Ch. 11 - What Are You Getting Yourself Into Now?

The teacher claps her hands once again and starts the class, "hello, students, welcome back! Same jobs as yesterday so... carry on!" As Sydney walks across the cafeteria, everyone scatters around to get to their places.

"This is actually kind of boring," Phil whines.

You agree, hugging your clipboard tighter, "there's no one to help! Dan knows what he's doing— he doesn't even have a big role!" You roll your eyes and they land on him, the brunette across the room. "Actually, we could ask Dan why he was doing that thing last night," you say, starting to walk towards him, but Phil stops you.

"We might not want to do that."

You turn to him and raise your eyebrows, "how come?"

"Because you don't know what goes on around him and his home," Phil whispers. "What if he storms out and starts crying?"

You sigh, "fine. Only because I have respect..." you say, pulling Phil to the group you help.

**TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY; SMOSH; THE MOVIE! WHEN IN DOUBT, SPEND YOUR MONEY ON AN INTERNET MOVIE ABOUT GOING INTO YOUTUBE! literally.**

"No— Phil," you whined.

You were in his room, again, playing some MarioKart. He laughs, moving his hair out of his face. "I've got first place!"

"You need to allow me to win."

"No! My game, my house, my rules. I win every time," he says, dramatically.

"Whatever, Phil," you say, shoving him to the side as you pass him up. "Yes!"

"Hey! You cheated!"

"Nuh-uh!" You complained.

As a knock was heard from the door, Phil pauses the game, allowing the person to come in. It was his mum.

"Hun, you're wanted back home, they say it's getting late," she smiles, talking to you.

"Alright, thanks," you smile back, standing up from your seat and saying bye to the Lesters. "See you tomorrow, Phil!" You wave, walking out of the house.

After crossing the street, you hear a loud thud from your left. Turning your head, you see a familiar figure.

"Fine! I don't need you! You... nasty person- fuck," he yells through the door. Jesus Christ, that's Dan.

"You alright there," you ask. He turns around to face you.

"Yeah. I'm fine. My..." he sighs. "It's my dad."

You nod. "Is that why you went out yesterday? And plopped on the wet grass?"

His eyes widen. "Y-You saw that?"

You laugh a bit, "do you need any help or not?"

"Umm," he looks at his front door then back at you. "No... no, he'll come to his senses soon."

You nod, "okay then. Just... be careful."

He winks, "sure thing, babe."

You nod again and continue walking to your house. Just as you enter, your phone rings with your friend's contact exposed onto your screen. You roll your eyes and answer.

"Yeah?"

"What'd happened?"

"What? What are yo-"

"Wha'did Dan say?"

"Oh, you saw huh," you head towards your room.

"No sh... just tell me!"

Sighing, you throw yourself on your bed and do what you are told. "I asked him what he was doing, he said it was his dad and that he does this all the time."

"Did he confess his love?"

"Wha— no!"

"Why, did you?" Phil joked.

"Shut up."

"Okay. At least we know what's up with Daniel."

You nod as if he can actually see you.

"What if we take Dan out? Like, to make him feel better?"

"What? You're insane! Who's would drive us?"

"One of our parents could take us to the carnival, you know? The ferris wheel and stuff."

"But we were planning on going together!" You whine. "I don't know. He does have friends, you know."

"Rude much? Think about it."

"Will do," you nod.

"Look, I gotta go. See you tomorrow."

"Bye, Philip." You hang up, thinking about the idea.

Taking this guy to the carnival? You think to yourself. Phil and I were planning on going. Now this bitch comes tagging along. You sigh, laying on your bed.

Maybe he'll be nicer? Or maybe even a friend. I guess I consider him a friend. Frien-emy?

Sitting up, you think about what's been going through him. I guess he has been acting... quiet lately. The only time I actually saw him loud and participate-ish was when I made him practice his lines on Phil. Maybe he is having parent trouble.

Taking your phone, you call back Phil.

"Yeah," he answers.

"We can invite Dan to the Carnival."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But it's only because I feel bad for what might be happening to him inside his home."

"Yes! I'll...- I'll see you at school," he laughs.

"Alright, Philip, bye."

"Tootles"

Hanging up, you sigh. What are you getting yourself into now?