Ch. 54 - Call Me.

This chapter is dedicated to my mother; for what she's been through. Happy thanksgiving, Momma, love you. Any Questions or concerns please ask via Private Message.

CAUTION; SIGNS OF ABUSE AND MENTIONS OF SO IN THIS CHAPTER; IF SENSITIVE TO THE SUBJECT, DO NOT READ,

I will let you know when this part comes.

Thank you and Enjoy!!

Third Person POV.

The ride home wasn't easy.
Mr. Howell and his snoring, attempting to get in the middle of you two, although he was on the end.
And his multiple time attempt to get Daniel and you to fight.

The "At least this flight isn't late" or the "You think the bus will be late?"

Finally getting home, it was decided that the two of you went on your separate ways.
Getting out of Daniel's father's car, with your bag, you get to your boyfriend and hug him around his neck.
"I'll be at Phil's place," you whisper in his ear, "Come over when you want."

"Yeah, I'm sure I'll get a huge lecture right now from him," he sighs, referring to his dad. With a kiss on the cheek goodbye, you two walk into your own homes.

Opening your front door with the key you have, you thought your parent(s) weren't home —considering their car was gone and the door was locked in the first place.

Quickly dropping your stuff off, you run back out and lock the front door and head for best friends' home.
Knocking on his front door, moments later, him mother opens it.

"Hello, Y/N!" She greets. "Looking for Philip?"

"Yes, Ma'm." You smile, walking in to her insistent.

Skipping quickly to you desired destination, you find Phil laying on his bed; earbuds in and music loud.
Fall Out Boy. Of course.

Sitting on his legs, purposely, he jolts up a bit. Looking behind him, he sees your smiling face, "Hi."

"You're back!" He shouts, attempting to turn over. "Where's Dan?"

You sigh, getting up from your position and onto the floor. "With his dad. We were late to the ceremony and his dad was blaming me for it."

"What? That's crazy! Why, was it really your fault?" Phil turned over and sat up on his bed.

"I guess. I'd say it was both of our faults as Dan wanted to stay up till, fucking, two in the morning! I told him to go to bed, hence us being late."

Phil's face lost its color of blood, turning paler than he usually is. Getting the idea of what he was thinking, you calm him down, "No, Phil, we were up on our phones."

He sighs in relief. "Speaking of which," he starts, taking his laptop and opening it, "I would like to draw the attention to the school website-"
He stops his sentence and looks over at his bedroom door, Daniel standing in the door way.

(CAUTION)

His eyes were puffy from crying and his right forearm was red. Redder than you thought was possible to appear on a human body.
His legs were shaking and had a red mark —which looked like a rash— on the side of his face.

"Oh, honey." You sigh, walking towards him for a hug. Tightening your grip with care, he cringes with pain.

Letting him go, he starts to speak with his friend across the room.
"You alright, mate?" Phil asked as you checked Dan's body for bleeding spots or anything bad.

"It was unexpected but I'm good."

"You should have called me." You say, looking over his arms and pulling down his pants to see his thighs.
He wasn't laughing and it wasn't awkward.
He knew your intensions.

"Did he see your grades? They came in the mail Monday."

Dan sighs and hunched over, "Hun, stand straight," you remind him as you tug up on his pants; he does as told.

"I'm afraid of him finding them." He sighs.

Lifting his shirt, you find the marks of some sort; his back red with little scratches and nail marks.
Now that you think of it, his dad does have some nails.

"Dan, explanation." You whisper, lightly caressing his marks.

He sighs, "My dad-... I don't think I even want to call him that," he chuckles. "He was angry we were late. I told him it was all me and he thought I was covering for you.
"He started shouting and I just stood there... I wasn't listening and I wasn't paying attention. But then he smacked me. He was asking if I was listening; yelling at me. I said no. He- he took my arm and twisted it to turn at my back as he... yelled in my ear.
"I asked to stop! I did! But..." Dan took a deep, shaky, breath. "He called me a bitch and said that he never loved me. That my brother was always his favorite.
"To defend myself, I took my free hand and... grabbed his balls."

It may sound funny right now, but no one was laughing.

"I thought he would quit on me and... let me go," He took a breath to make it seem as if he was strong enough to deal with the issue. "He just got madder. I threatened to call child services but he said I'd go to my mum's." He sniffles. "My mum doesn't want me either."

(CONTINUATION)

Standing in front of him, you take his cheeks softly, pulling him in for a soft kiss. Pulling away, you lean your forehead on his, "Do your guys' parents know?" He asked the two people here.

"Nope."
"I didn't tell." You respond, separating and pulling him to Phil's bed. "He kick you out?"

"He told me not to come back. I know he'll ask for me back, and I'll except, but..." Dan started to cry again. "I'm scared." He sniffed.

Phil turns his head towards the window in disgust of his friends' father. "Hey," he starts, tapping your knee, getting your attention, "There he is." Phil says, pointing at the window.

The three of you look over his shoulder. He was checking the mail.
"He looks frustrated." I mention, quietly.

"If I don't go now it'll be worse later." Dan says, a tear going down his chin.

"Come on," you whisper, standing with him, walking to the front door— still in the house. "Be careful, okay?" You whisper, firmly grasping his shoulder. He nods at you, leaning down for a firm and loving-full kiss.
Pulling away, you hug him; arms around his neck. "I love you. Call me."

"I love you, too."