Ch. 18 - Fil ur totes anoyin

"Why is he here," Phil asked as he hovered over you. You were in the kitchen setting up the tea as Phil drowned you in questions on why Dan is here eating your face. You sigh. "Y/N, why is he here," he repeated.

"Why are you here, Phil? It's early in the morning and you just suddenly have the thought to come into my home," you ask, your back facing him as you reach for the mugs.

"Well, I was worried about you," he shouted.

"Really?" You turn around, ready to scowl at him. "What made you think I'd be in trouble at four in the morning? What made you not wait for me to answer the door? Why didn't you call at first? How do you know I wasn't sleeping?"

"Before you went to take Dan home, I told you to text me and let me know that you were home safe. You didn't." Phil leans on the kitchen counter, crossing his arms. "You told me you'd do it and not to worry. You didn't."

"Okay, what made you think it was okay to come into my home at four in the morning," you repeat.

"I-..." He sighs. "I had a feeling something was wrong. The lights were on at your house so I knew you were awake."

You roll your eyes, turning away to finish up the hot beverage. "Well, Phil, I guess you were right about the feeling of worry. And I guess you were right about me and my feelings." You turn back around to face Phil, "but that still does not give you the right to barge into my home like that." You pick up two cups of tea and bring one over to Dan on the floor, sitting with him.

"Okay, I answered your question, now you answer mine." Phil walks over and sits beside you, "why is he here?"

"Because he knocked on my door asking if he could come in. He said he's been up all night listening to his father yell as he puked his lungs up. He didn't mean to bother me and I didn't mind." You place one hand onto Dan's knee, "I'm worried about him and I think I've made that clear. His dad isn't the best and he doesn't really see his mum, so, he doesn't have the best day at home, but it's nice of me to let him get anything good out of his days."

Philip glances at Dan and back at you. "So if I came over with daddy issues, you'd make-out with me," he teased.

"Okay! This is awkward," Dan shouts as he sets his mug of tea on the floor, standing up with his blanket. "Thank you, Y/N, for making me feel better and recover from last night." He turns to Phil, smiling, "thank you for being a total cock-blocker for your best friend right there." He turns to the front door and opens it. "And I bid you both a good day." He awkwardly shuffles out the door and shuts it, leaving you and Phil alone.

You stare up at him, glaring. "You knew I liked him even before I did and you come here and mess it all up." You take Dans' mug to the kitchen, setting it on the counter.

"I'm just looking out for you. You don't know what he's done— you said it yourself! He's a pig! He hits on everyone then blows them off!" Phil ruffles his hair and sighs. "Look, I know you're mad at me, but you know what he's done to other girls. Didn't you tell me that you even heard him and his group of douches talk about how they could finally get at you using Dan?"

You do remember saying that. You actually wanted to make him want you than when you had him, you'd break him. Have him feel sorry for what he's made girls feel.

Why was he like this, though? Wooing girls into their beds? Was it to just make himself feel better?