Ch. 28 - This Lie

Just as you walk out of your home to walk to school, you see a car pull up with a boy sitting in the front with sunglasses on. It was Dan.

You walk up to the car, smiling, "where'd you get this?"

"It's my dad's, he let me drive it today," he said, excitedly. "Get in!"

"Do you even have a license?"

"I have a permit, now get in!"

You roll your eyes and open the passenger door, hopping into the car. "Since when'd you get a permit?"

"On my own time. Buckle up." Doing as you were told, Dan hits the gas, driving off.

"Dan, we can literally get to school in 30 seconds by car."

"That's why I'm taking the long way," he does a cheeky smile towards you and passes the school.

"Crusin' down the street in my six four, -- them --, slappin' the --," the radio busts.

"Ooh, do you know this song," Dan asks, turning up the volume.

You shrug, "Easy-E and Ice Cube."

Dan raises his eyebrows in surprise, "you know your shit."

"Seems like it," you shrug. He laughs and starts lip singing. Laughing at his actions, you turn down the volume, "how'd the radio think to play this?" You laugh.

"I don't know," Dan shrugs, driving back closer to the high school. He takes your hand and intertwines his fingers with yours. Lifting his hand along with yours, he occasionally looks at you and back at the road. "Hey," he smiles, kissing the back of your hand. "You still love me?"

"Do I," you joke, looking into his eyes as they look at the road leading into a parking spot. "I don't know. Maybe I can be your Juliet, yeah?" He nods, parking the car.

"Come on," he pecks your hand again before letting it go. "The bell's gonna ring."

Getting out of the car, you see Phil walking up to the school. "Philip," you shout, waving your hand around. He looks over at you and frowns, turning back to the double doors up front.

"What's with him," you mutter to yourself. Your phone buzzes as Dan takes your arm, pulling you to the school.

Philly-Boi;
"Meet me by the restrooms during homeroom, I've gotta tell you somthin"

"What is it," Dan asked.

"Phil. He wants me to meet up with him so he can gossip."

Walking into the classroom, people were giving odd stares. Girls glaring and some of Dan's old friends laughing and smiling.

"What's going on," you whisper to Dan, sitting down.

"I don't know. Everyone seems... weird."

"Daniel," Mr. Dapper shouts, taking roll.

"Here!"

"Y/N!"

"Present, can I use the restroom?"

"Sure, just bring your stuff with you for first hour," he notifies you.

"Will do," you nod, leaving the room, going to the halls by the restroom, seeing Phil.

"Oh, Y/N," he tackles you with a large hug, wrapping his arms around your neck. "I'm so sorry."

"What, why?"