Ch. 27 - Danny and Angel

"Hamlet was from where," you asked, irritation in your voice.

Dan was messing with a rubber band in his hands to keep him busy from his anger. "Denmark," he answers correctly.

"And the son of who?"

"Gertrude and so-and-so."

He looks behind himself, not wanting you to be here— but he knows it's for his grade.

"Okay," you put down the flash cards of facts and lean forward on the seat in front of Dan, on his bed. "I know you're mad at me, but can we please finish this off on a good note," you ask.

Silence.

"Come on, Dan," you whine.

"Why'd you push me away," he asked, looking back at you. "Everytime I try, you push me away."

"Dan, I'm sorry," you look down, really feeling sorry.

"It's fine, but... I was really hoping you wouldn't push me that time. But you did and I—..." he sighs. "I got a little worked up."

You laugh a bit, trying to lighten the mood of his bedroom. It was dark. It's so dark, "is your Dad home?"

"No. Why?"

You stand up, "because I think it's awkward if I'm sitting in the bedroom of his son and he just walks in starting a conversation," he scoffs, smiling. "That's my Dan," you murmur to him. "Get up, I'm going to see how fast you can change." You grab the outfit and hold it up, "from that to this."

He nods, letting you know that he's ready. You walk into the hallway and get ready to time it, staring at his clock on the wall. "Ready... go," you shout, hearing shuffling from his room.

He stumbles out of his room quickly, shouting, "done!"

You look at him and analyze his outfit. You laugh a bit, "well, you don't have the hat, you haven't buttoned up and you've got no shoes on," you look up at him and smile. "You're going to need shoes." He sighs irritatedly. "Just go to school in dress shoes so you won't need to change?"

"That won't match," he shouts, going back to his room.

"Ready for the next change," you shout again.

"I guess!"

Looking at his clock again, you tell him to go.

"Past thirty seconds, you're done," you shout, walking over to his room. "I'm coming in," you warn before opening his door. Laughing at his position, he smiles oddly. "Oh, Dan," you chuckle. "I think that's the arm hole?"

He groans. "Fuck this shit," he tries to get out of the confusing outfit by pulling, but you stop him.

"Waitwaitwaitwait," you shout, putting your hands onto his waist. You look up at him as your face flushes with red. Looking back down, you refuse to have eye contact. "It's going to rip," you laugh.

Having one hand on his shoulder, you pull the sleeve off his arm with the other hand without ripping it. Doing the same to his other arm, you crouch down to his leg. "Bare with me," you say, pulling down his left arm sleeve from his leg. Doing the same to his other leg, you pull on his arms to help yourself up. Though, as he tries to help, he ends up pulling you, making your face crash against his.

"Ahh," he hisses in pain, laughing. "That's not what I imagined our first actual kiss like."

"Then it wouldn't be an actual kiss, would it," you laugh. He pulls the outfit off his ankles and throws on his jeans and shirt as you sit on his bed. Smiling at you, he takes your arms and pulls you up, making you stand. Dan quickly throws his lips against yours, giving you no time to back away.

"Just go with it," he mumbles between pecks. "Please," he kisses your cheek and forehead, his way of showing respect of space.

"Okay," you murmur. He pulls back, looking into your eyes, smiling. You smile back as he kisses you forcefully. You have been waiting for this moment but were so afraid of it. Why were you so scared?

Having an idea, you kiss back, opening your lips to deepen the kiss. As he does the same, he holds you with his arms, as you unbuckle his loose pants and they fall to the ground.

Two seconds. As he thinks he knows what you are doing, he pulls of his shirt in under three seconds. He handles for your jeans and you grab his hands, pulling away from him, smirking.

"Dan, honey, you just changed out of your clothes in under ten seconds."

He laughs at your remark as he goes back for more pecks. "How smart my angel is," he smiles.