Ch. 23 - Fall

"H&M," you ask, chuckling a bit.

"Well, I can't blame him for choosing it... it is your style," Phil joins in.

"H&M? My style?"

"Oh, come on, just admit it and let's get on with it! I wanna look at the shops," Dan sighs, impatiently. "Come on." Taking your wrist and, practically, dragging you to the shirts, he holds both his hands out, "go for it." He smiles, putting them down quickly after speaking.

"I'm just getting a white t-shirt..." you shrug, picking one out in your size then walking back to the two. They both glare at you. "What?"

"Out of the whole shop, you decide to pick that," Phil asked.

"Yeah, I brought you here, so, choose one shirt you really like," Dan adds.

You look over your shoulder, then back at them. "Well," you start.

"See," Dan laughs. "Go pick out a shirt."

Giggling you, walk off. "Okay." After about 5 minutes of going through shirts, Phil meets up with you.

"Y/N! Look!" He smiles widely, holding out a t-shirt. "It has narwhals on it! How cute is that?"

"That's some good shit right there," Dan peeks from behind Phil, laughing aloud.

"Hmm. I guess I'll get this t-shirt," you say, holding up a galaxy printed tee. "Simple."

Dan nods, taking it from your hand, "I'll be back." He states, walking off.

You stand next to Phil, watching Dan walk in the distance.

That kid really needs to pull up his pants.

"He needs a belt," Phil giggled.

You gasp, "that's what I was thinking!"

-

"But, Phil, it's all ripped up," Dan laughs, poking at Phil's jacket.

"Just as my mum told me, If it keeps you warm, then it's a keeper."

"Your Mum never said that," you argue.

"Maybe not to you, but, to me she sure did," he laughs.

"Alright, guys. I've gotta start heading home," Dan stops.

"Really? Who brought you here anyways?" You curiously ask.

"My Dad. I asked him to drop me off at Starbucks and he'd pick me up later."

"So what do you mean by heading home," Phil asked.

"I've gotta start walking to where he's picking me up."

"Hm," you nod. "I guess he's been a bit nicer to you lately?"

"Well, he hasn't been with his girlfriend in a while so, that must be the case," he rubs the back of his neck, nervously. "Uh, Y/N, we've gotta start rehearsing more. You know, for Monday."

"Yeah, yeah, I've got it," you nod. "Tomorrow at... yours?"

"Sure." Dan then smiles, snapping his fingers and pointing at you and Phil with gun motion, "see ya' later." As you and Phil wave goodbye, he disappears into the crowd.

"When do you wanna get home," Phil asked.

"I guess now's a good time," you answer. "You think Dan's getting better?"

"Better at what, getting you to fall for him? Oh yeah, he's the total panty-dropper," he teases.

You smack him arm, face turning red. "No! He offered me a t-shirt..."

"He ruined the white one," Phil glares, overpowering your thoughts.

"He reminded me to hang out with him tomorrow!"

"It's your job. It's what you do."

"Would you shut up and allow me to be happy," you chuckle. "I know he's not the best guy in the world but he's getting better!"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you should fall for it."

You roll your eyes. "He. Is. Doing. Fine," you say, stating all the words as their own.

"Oh. Kay. Smarty. Pants," Phil does back. "Let's just hope he's not horsing around, okay? Come on, let's make it easier for my mum so she can buy us stuff for being good kids."

-

"How can you get a cold for going out one day? And it wasn't even a whole day!"

"I don't know! It can happen!" Phil yells through the phone. "It's all your fault."

"You're the one who wanted to have me go out with you."

"And? That's not the case. The case is that you did this, ya witch." You chuckle at his choice of words. "I hate you."

"Awe, I hate you too."

"Well, I'm gonna go make some tea or soup to make me better. Have a great night, Y/N."

"You too. Bye."

"Bye."

Laying back on your bed, you hang up.

I'm going to hang with Daniel tomorrow, you think to yourself, obviously excited.

Excited?
Oh shit.

You quickly dial up Phil again and he answers after two rings.

"What?"

"I need serious help."

"What? Why? What's wrong?"

"I'm really falling for Dan!"