Ch. 46 - Cab Ride

Dan U.S. Af
Y'all are so nice to me, thank you sooo so so much for the comments and help. I really appreciate it.

Enjoy!

Third Person POV.

"Hey, Y/N, check this out!" Dan pokes your shoulder, giving you time to take off your headphones. He clicks a button on his seat as he leans backwards. He then clicks it again and leans forwards, then side to side, with a large grin on his face. "Look at that!"

"Yes, Daniel, now stop that before you break it and you'll have to pay." You suggest, sarcastically. "We're landing!"

"Really?- what time is it?" Dan questions, leaning over you to look at your phone.

"Early. In the morning." You answer him. "It's a different time zone, babe."

"Oh, right." He sighs. "How we're your naps? You seemed to enjoy them." He laughed.

"What?"

"You slept with your mouth hanging wide open."

You quickly cover your mouth and turn away from him. "How embarrassing!" You mumble.

"No, no, don't worry! It was cute. -Ish." He jokes.

"I don't know why you're talking! How were your naps, huh? You've got a little mountain peak, I see," you reply back, pointing at his pants.

He crosses his legs and covers his thighs with his arms as he chuckles a bit.

"Whatever, I'm a guy! It happens."

"Yeah but, how embarrassing!" You laugh. "Don't worry, Hun, it was cute...-ish."

Your boyfriend yawns as he adjusts in his seat. "Well played."

-

"Taxi!" Dan shouted, holding his hand out in the road for a driver to see, though, it drives right past him. "Shit." He murmurs, slowly putting his hand down.

"These drivers suck anyways, they're a bit crazy, yeah?" You pat Dans' back, trying to calm him down.

"You try getting a taxi." He commands, allowing you to get to the curb.

You holding your hand out yourself, a yellow cab pulls over to the front of the airport. Turning around to witness Dans' expression, his mouth hangs open, dumbfounded.

"I hate you." He jokes. "Because of that, you're sitting in the back seat."

You both sit in the cab, suit cases in the trunk, Daniel in the passenger seat, he smiles at the driver. "Hello, sir." He greets him.

The driver had red ginger-ish hair that was cut into a high quiff. His arms were shaved and he obviously didn't have a UK accent.
"Hey, what's up you guys," he greets you both. "Where would you like to go?"

"Hi, uhm, we'd like to go to the Sheraton Hotel, please?" Dan answered.

"Yes, sir!" The driver said proudly, starting to drive. "So, what brings you two Brits to L.A.?"

"Well, my aunt is getting married." Dan answers.

"Ahh, and you two are heading to a hotel for a bed, am I right?" The driver wiggles his eyebrows as he makes a turn.

"Well, it is early so being tired is something we'd feel, sir." You laughed.

"Please," the driver smiled. "Call me Shane."

"Well, Shane," Dan started, "You were born here?"

"Yes, indeed I was." He nods.

"So, where's a good place to visit as we may not ever come back here?"

Shane chuckles and snorts at the question. "L.A. Is a scary place and most times, it's best not to come back!" Shane pulls the cab to the curb and stops in front of the hotel. "The wax museum is really good."

Shane allows you both to leave the cab and grab your stuff. "Thanks for the ride." You smiled as Daniel gave out the money.

"Yeah, no problem, Brits." He chuckles again, driving off.

"He's a bit weird." Dan commented.

"Yeah, agree."

You both turn around and walk into the Hotel lobby. The Sheraton Hotel had a grey, dark vibe to it; but the colors where light. A light gray.

"This is literally me." Dan comments on the hotel style.

You both walking up to the front desk, the lady standing there smiles. She had curled, blonde hair and a bright smile with dimples and seemed really short for her age; her name tag read Lisa Schwartz.  "Hey, what can I do for ya'?"

"Hello, we have a room saved for us." Dan replied.

"Yes. Sir, what was the name it was reserved on?"

"Howell. H-O-W-E-L-L."

The lady chuckles and continues to type rapidly on the keyboard.

"What's so funny?" You question her.

"Oh, nothing. It's just... Howell?" She laughs.

"It's my last name." Dan states, his voice going low as he takes out his wallet.

"Well, obviously, who names their kids 'Howell'?" Lisa giggles. "Theirs a full moon tonight, try not to get the guest mad." She jokes.

"Okay, yeah, we get it." He says, feeling quite ashamed about his last name.

"Well, here's your room key, have fun you two." She smiles.

"Thank you, Schwartz," you smiled back, mocking her last name.

As you both walk off towards your room, the lady's smiling face then drops to a drooping expression.

-

"We're finally here!" You comment, plopping into the bed, tossing your suit case onto the floor.

Daniel sets his suit case onto one of the beds and opens it, seeming a bit down.

"Hey, why aren't you jumping on the beds with me?" You ask, getting up.

"Howell? My last name is Howell, Y/N." He complains, establishing what Lisa, the front lady, said.

"So? Who cares? Rachel from Friends last name is Green."

"It's better than Howell!"

Walking around the bed, you stand behind Dan and wrap your arms around him, pecking at his cheeks. "You make me Howell." You comment, rubbing his hair away from his face.

"That's not funny." He chuckles.

"Then why are you laughing?" You chuckle back.

Daniel turns around and wraps his hands around your waist. "Do I make you Howell?"

"Yes, my wolf." You smirk, both of you leaning in for a kiss.

Daniel pulls away and does a loud howling noise, sounding like a saddened wolf.

Laughing at his actions, you pull him into another kiss, hoping to make his feel better.