Ch. 34 - Care

Photo: stab me with a trEe, deAR LOrd!

Btw the songs mentioned might have not been made/released during the time Dan was in high school, but let's be honest, half this story wasn't even created while he was in high school.

Anyways, ENJOY!

"The play was another hit, thank you, team," Sydney applauded as the groups cheered and hooted. "Today is a new day for a new play," she said, starting to sound serious. "This time, we will reenact a time in life of law and order." With everyone laughing, she continues. "You didn't let me finish; Law and Order: A Fairy Tale Unit."

"A fairy tale theme," you whisper to yourself.

"You will do a debate, multiple ones, as of one side and another side." The teacher smiles, passing around papers, "I will give you a choice of characters you will audition for. Give me the name and I'll give you the lines and then choose who you will debate with."

After the little speech on good character and choosing wisely, you look for Daniel, who you found standing by the stage, leaning one side of his body on it; resting his elbow atop of it. Walking towards him, you flash a big smile, showing off your teeth as he smiles back.

"Hey, handsome," you greet, slapping his chest with the papers in your hand.

"Sup, gorgeous," he nods. "Okay, so, who are you going to be?"

"You mean we, I'm thinking of Handsel and Gretel, yeah? We'll still be together," you suggest.

"We could be the three little pigs, that'd be fun, but we'd need a third character." Daniel squints his eyes, looking down at the paper you handed him. "Ooh, it says Alice in Wonderland! And then the white rabbit, but we'd be separate."

"Yeah... I like the Hansel and Gretel option, though."

"Oka—" he gasps, cutting himself off. He turns to you and smiles deeply. "They have Christopher Robbin and Winnie the Pooh."

Leaning your body on one side of you with your hand on your hip, you sigh. "You are one of the most hated teen at this school and you want to be Christopher Robbin with Winnie the Pooh? Talk about ruin reputation, dude," you laugh as he slightly pouts.

"Just got a little excited," he giggles. Taking his hand and going through the paper, you announce that you are allowed to choose three different characters.

"Really? Well, I'm doing Hansel and Gretel," he smiles, circling the name with his pencil.

"Same," you say. "I think I want Ariel? The little mermaid."

"I'm doing Prince Charming," he states, excitedly. "And Christopher."

"Then I will be, what, Cinderella," you question, trying to get as many parts possible with Daniel.

"Sounds good," he nods.

Both of you walking up to Sydney, you pass her the papers. Going through them, she smiles. "This is going to be fun!" She gives you two a few scripts. "You two have two things together, Cinderella and Prince Charming will be fighting over a something, and Hansel and Gretel on the same team, of course."

Nodding and thanking the teacher, Daniel and you walk off, staring deeply at your papers.

"I'm Christopher Robbin! I'm Christopher Robbin," he chimes.

-

"And then the sky was so beautiful, he gave me his coat, because I was cold," you list to Phil. "It was a beautiful night with him."