Ch. 10 - Working

"Thank you to whoever volunteered," Sydney said aloud to everyone. "Whoever is work-" she get interrupted by the noise of the door and Phil walked in and went straight over to you. Sydney glared at him, then continued. "Whoever is working backstage, please stand over here," the teacher motions to the other side of the room.

When you pass by her, she grabs your shoulder; leaving Phil to keep walking. "Hey! I put you in charge of the area Daniel is in, you could go there, read over their script, make sure they do things correctly."

You nod and continue walking, though she catches you again. "Oh, and take your friend with you," she smiles.

You nod and walk over to Phil in the crowd. "Yeah, she doesn't like you," you whisper to him.

He chuckles a little as Sydney continues to speak. "Everyone else, you know your places, please listen to the ones in charge, some of you groups will know what I mean... and have fun." The teacher allows the students to go as you grab hold of Phil's wrist and walk towards Dan.

"Hey there, babe, you come crawling to me this time," he greets.

"Actually, I was told to work over here. Help whoever needs it." You smile. "And Phil is gonna help."

"I am?" He asks, his voice a bit high.

"Mhm," you laugh, patting him on the back. You walk to the side of Dan and look at the script in his hand. "Who are you?"

"I'm this guy; The Bully," he points at the script.

"Hm, it's like it was meant for you," you say as Phil laughs in the background.

"What?"

"Nothing, so show me your... bully mode," you command.

Daniel takes a look at the script and back up at you. "Hey, pizza face, I asked for no pepperoni."

"Is that your only line?" Phil asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No! I've got other ones. I have to do it to other people," Dan bites his bottom lip.

"Whoo, what an achievement," you sarcastically say. "Show me your other ones."

Dan flips through the pages and stops at one, "hey, four-eyes!"

You and Phil stare at him, no expression.

"It'll be cooler with the other people. I have to fist-bump them and shit." You nod, looking at Phil.

"Okay," you start, walking to Dan. "Let's start with your expression, you've gotta make it more... aggressive."

"Okay?" Dan raises his eyebrows.

"So look at Phil- come here, Phil... he has glasses... you're his bully... go."

He takes a step back and takes out his finger and points it at him. "Wha'd up, four-eyes!"

"Louder," you command.

"You come here to learn the difference between protons and morons?"

"Angrier!"

"You know, I'd stick a pencil up your ass and tell you why but you wouldn't even get the point."

"You sound like you're repressing how gay you are," you yell in his face.

"Woah, offensive!" Dan laughs, holding his hands up in defense.

"Are you gay," you ask, smirking as you walk a bit closer to him.

"No!" He laughs again.

"Then why can't I feel you hating Philip for his glasses?"

"Because I don't!" He yells back, stepping closer to you.

You pull his head closer to yours, you smiling a tad bit.

"I want you to feel angry at me— do you feel angry at me?" You ask him.

"Yeah, a bit," he stutters.

"Good. Then show it," you say, letting him go.

You walk over to Phil and sigh.

"You were going to kiss him," he smirks.

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were, I could see it in your eyes."

You shake your head and continue to argue with Phil. You weren't planning on kissing him.

Did you think about it? Maybe.

But did you do it? Nope.

-

"Phil, please, if I wanted to kiss him, don't you think I'd do it?" You ask, tossing a bouncy ball up as you lay on Phil's bedroom floor.

"Only because you're a smart person, you wouldn't do it," Phil shrugs.

You nod your head and thank him for the compliment.

"Though, I'm not quite positive if you're the person to really hold it in," he laughs.

You throw the ball at his face, commanding him to shut up. Though, the ball rolls the other way.

"Can you get it," you whine, stretching your body across the room.

He looks at the ball then back at you, "nah, your legs work."

You sigh, standing to pick up the ball, looking out the window on your way to your spot.

"Hey," you start, squinting your eyes out the window.

"Huh?" Phil mumbles, looking out the window too.

"Isn't that Dan?"

"I thought he lived in your neighborhood.."

You glare at your friend. "We all live in the same neighborhood, Phil. He just lives on my street," you roll your eyes.

"Oh... well, he looks kinda mad."

"Did he get kicked out," you wonder aloud.

As the room is quiet, you both look out at Daniel, wondering why he's standing out there. "I wonder if he's cold," Phil said, quietly.

Dan adjusts his hair as he sit on the grass.

"Bet the grass is wet," you smirk, still looking at the teenager in front of his house. He suddenly jumps to his feet and wipes the back of his jeans, making you smile at his actions.

"Damn, Y/N," Philip laughs.

You stand up and walk to the front of Phil's room. "Come on, Phil. Let's ask your mum if we can hang in the attic."

He stares out the window for one last moment then gets up to follow you. "Alright. But there are wolves up there," he promises.